- I started teaching my younger son to drive last night. Prayers appreciated.
- Just not even sure what to say about the death of Jeffrey Epstein, other than it’s extremely disappointing. I suppose I’m hoping for new indictments based on the current evidence soon.
- Most of the time, I say Apocalypse Now is the greatest war film ever made. It originally debuted 40 years ago today, and there is a Final Cut in theatrical release. Yes, please. However, as I type, there are no show times in Alabama or Tennessee. Come on, folks.
- The 2020 Corvette officially starts at $59,995. Given its capabilities and pricing of its peers, this is really something. There are packages and options to make it much more expensive, of course, but note that the bottom 1LT trim still delivers the targa roof, dual zone climate control, a Bose stereo, and an eight-inch touchscreen.
- Remember Ed the “disappearer” on Breaking Bad? That actor’s name is Robert Forster, and he’s a member of the Triple Nine Society, meaning his IQ is at or above the 99.9th percentile. Pretty cool, huh?
- I didn’t get a cavity until I was 28 years old. I got a second maybe five years later. Number three is in my top right wisdom tooth, and the dentist who is going to fill it is literally young enough to be my daughter. This causes me no concern whatsoever—I am confident that I will receive capable and professional care—but wow, it’s still sobering.
- IndyCar is at Pocono this weekend, which is always a great show. Looking forward to it. It’s probably the best remaining chance for Tony Kanaan to get a decent result in a frustrating year. Pulling for you, man!
You might also like:
- Six odd things about me
At Brina’s request, here are six odd things about me: I’m not colorblind, but can’t pass colorblindn…
- Thursday miscellanea #99
World views are funny things. Sometimes we’re not on different pages. Sometimes we’re on different …
- Thursday miscellanea #313
As a society, it feels like we’re way too excited about ugly Christmas sweaters this year. Alabamia…
- Thursday miscellanea #107
I had my first Double Down meat bomb this week. As a connoisseur of ridiculous fast food items, I’d…
- Thursday miscellanea #260
We’ve managed to accumulate three open jars of dill pickle chips in the refrigerator. Thank you. Th…