- Today is the 75th anniversary of D-Day—the beginning of the end of World War II. The eventual and substantial blessing of success came at great cost indeed. May we never forget these sacrifices.
- I went to Parkway Place on Monday to get some steps, and also to get a sense of the mall’s health. I think it’s all right for now. There are 13 vacancies, however, with only two of those showing evidence of a new tenant on the way. The rise and ongoing decline of the enclosed shopping mall fascinates me.
- Jalapeño has a tilde over the n. Habanero does not.
- Supposed to rain until Tuesday here. Fort Worth looks good on Saturday night, though!
- You may have noticed that I reset my Popular All-Time post list (in the left sidebar). As there’s no way to get accuracy back to the beginning, I don’t have much heartburn about doing that periodically. It’s interesting to see how it changes over the years.
- At our current pace of 2-3 episodes per evening, we’ll be caught up on Bosch in another week or so. What a great show. What a great character. After that we’ll scarf up the new Luther episodes. I’m doing new Black Mirror and The Rain on the treadmill.
- Probably two more weeks until I fall out of the smallest big-and-tall jeans and into the largest regular-sized jeans.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #461
I need jeans again. This will be the last size I have to buy before I fall back into the size I hav…
- Thursday miscellanea #46
Our mild July gloriously rolls on. June days were 10 degrees hotter. You may have noticed the new P…
- Thursday miscellanea #339
Well, I missed Wayward Pines on TV last week, I think because I wasn’t on Twitter! Fortunately, the…
- Thursday miscellanea #422
The weather this day and evening are/were perfectly indicative of why it’s so expensive to live som…
- Thursday miscellanea #420
So Jimmy John’s subs were $1 on Tuesday this week. Recurring offers like this—the free Denny’s Gran…