Once in a while I’ll run into someone who’s heard of peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. But mostly, people recoil as if you’d suggested deep-fried dog crap. I don’t think I even knew it was considered weird until young adulthood. My mom made them for herself, and I liked them from about 10 years old on.
You make it like peanut butter and jelly, except use mayonnaise. A few points:
- You must use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip or other “dressings” that are sort of mayo-like.
- Any bread that will work for a PBJ is also fine for a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich, but the nutritionally bankrupt, alarmingly uniform white bread is best. This is Sunbeam King Thin in the photo.
- Any peanut butter will work. I like creamy and full-sugar the best for peanut butter and mayonnaise.
- Just as peanut butter and banana is a good sandwich, so is peanut butter, banana, and mayonnaise. I suspect bacon would be good too, though I’ve never tried it. (I do enjoy peanut butter, banana, and crumbled bacon on a pancake.)
You might also like:
- Make the ultimate low-carb BLT!
There are many approaches to losing weight, and one that works for many people is a low-carb regimen…
- Six odd things about me
At Brina’s request, here are six odd things about me: I’m not colorblind, but can’t pass colorblindn…
- Gran’ma’s cheese straws, made into bread
You know, I thought I hadn’t given you a recipe before, but that shrimp is out there. Well, here’s a…
- Thursday miscellanea #261
Aren’t you glad I’m not posting periodic photographic updates of my missing toenail? The Bo William…
- Tractor trailer crashes, spills 20 tons of mayonnaise on Missouri interstate
No injuries were reported in yesterday’s accident. And where’s a tuna truck when you need one? Now i…