- I wouldn’t want the President of the United States attending a football game I was attending, no matter who it was. What a pain. Attendees, move your timeframe up several hours.
- There could still be legal challenges, but as of the past week they’ve gotten a lot harder to mount. Hugo Liebel’s appeal for custody of Nosey, the abused African elephant seized by Lawrence County officials in 2017, has been dismissed, and it now seems very likely Nosey will live out the rest of her life at the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. Excellent news!
- The new Tom Keifer record is growing on me a bit, but I’m still finding it a little meh compared to the previous one. I doubt this will ever be a listen-straight-through for me.
- I have my first flat no on a Dr. Squatch soap variety. The Area 51 Bricc is just weird. I tried it for two showers. There will not be a third. It’s headed for garage sink duty.
- I saw some rumbling recently about the Los Angeles Chargers being the front-runner to move to London. It seems kind of silly to me—transatlantic flights nearly every weekend just to make the football season happen?—but if they’re talking about it, it makes sense on someone’s whiteboard.
- Based on what I experienced on 565 last night, I don’t think the Huntsville Police Department is reporting on Nixle at all anymore. I’ve really appreciated the simplicity of this system, but if it’s ineffective, I may have to make friends with Waze.
- Winter will be here next week. At least one low in the teens is forecast, though they’ve backed off the snow talk since last I checked.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #216
I’ve been on Christmas vacation for about an hour as I type. Delighted to be here, and looking forw…
- Thursday miscellanea #390
How come no one makes lasagna such that three or four whole pieces are exactly the same area as a 9…
- Thursday miscellanea #473
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? will be available on DVD early next month (and available to stream week a…
- Thursday miscellanea #160
I am going to be a fall festivalin’ fool this weekend—both the boys’ school and church. I’m glad th…
- Thursday miscellanea #137
Gabrielle Giffords had more successful surgery this week, just after attending her husband’s shuttl…