- On the off-chance someone reading this could be persuaded and massive, unpleasant disruption to his/her life consequently avoided: “storming” any U.S. government facility is a really, really bad idea.
- The actuarial tables have finally caught my musical childhood in earnest, and sadly, the assault is only beginning. Ric Ocasek is dead at 75. Thank you for a lot of great music, man. RIP.
- I’ve made plans to go to Dave and Buster’s for the first time the second week of January. Everyone will be broke from Christmas, and hanging onto New Year’s resolutions. With a little luck, it will be bitterly cold. All of these things thin crowds.
- Alabama’s defensive front was roundly unimpressive against South Carolina. I have a feeling we’re going to need a lot of points this year.
- The net is up in arms about someone looking into remaking The Princess Bride. I think this is an enjoyable movie, but I have never considered it an iconic cornerstone of comedic cinema (as so many obviously do). A new one wouldn’t move my needle.
- The final race of the 2019 IndyCar Series is Sunday, at Laguna Seca in Monterey. Josef Newgarden has a 41-point lead in the championship standings, but there are double points on Sunday, so Alexander Rossi, Simon Pagenaud, and Scott Dixon are all still in the hunt. It’s been a fantastic season!
- There was a welcome whisper of fall early this morning. We still have 90s forecast in a few days, but it looks as if they will be short-lived.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #478
God be with everyone in Hurricane Florence’s path. It looks like she’s lost a little strength, but …
- Thursday miscellanea #300
Never heard of half the people whose nude photos were leaked this week. I’ve known for years that y…
- Thursday miscellanea #277
We had a hard freeze yesterday morning following a fair bit of springlike weather, and there was th…
- Thursday miscellanea #383
Stranger Things on Netflix is high-quality programming for anyone who loves a good thriller, but if…
- IndyCar driver Dan Wheldon dead at 33
IndyCar driver Dan Wheldon died of injuries he received in a 15-car crash early in the IndyCar World…