- Sorry to be incommunicado so long. It’s really been an odd few days.
- Looks like we’ll finally be official cord-cutters this week. I’ll miss cable’s familiarity, but I’m definitely excited about paying less.
- I could have written three or four blog posts on all of the layers of ridiculousness following the 2019 Iron Bowl. I’m not writing any of them, because it pisses me off, and I don’t like being electively pissed off. (And just so you know, though I was disappointed with the final score, I’d call it a merely peripheral input into said pissed-offness.) OK, that’s the last thing I’m saying about the game, vaguely passive-aggressively or otherwise.
- Yes, Roy Moore is running again, and he’s (hilariously; pathetically) doubled down on his $95 million lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Alanis Morissette is touring for the 25th anniversary of Jagged Little Pill, with Garbage and Liz Phair supporting. Lea and I saw Alanis with Alex and Melissa back in the day on a co-headline tour with Tori Amos. We were there for Tori and were kind of disappointed Tori went first. But then Alanis came out and was really, really good—professional, polished, and passionate. This ought to be a good show (and I could take or leave Liz Phair, but Garbage is great).
- It recently emerged that General Motors will lose money on every C8 Corvette sold for less than $80,000. (In case you don’t know, the 2020 Corvette starts at $60,000.) That being the case, I would expect the base price to climb a bit more aggressively year over year than previous generations have.
- Levenger’s Cyber Monday special of 35% off sitewide is extended at least through today. I love their stuff, but it’s dear. If you’ve had your eye on something, for yourself or as a gift, it’ll never be a better time to pounce.
You might also like:
- Memorial Day at the National Corvette Museum
The National Corvette Museum is a special place for me and my family. It’s a loud, brazen, very Amer…
- 2020 Corvette revealed
The boys and I stayed up last night to see the 2020 Corvette reveal—the first C8. I had hoped to be …
- Thursday miscellanea #493
We have one confirmed case of influenza at our house. He’s definitely sick, but the vaccine he got …
- Thursday miscellanea #322
I’m at home because of winter weather for the second Thursday in a row, though this one was less pl…
- Thursday miscellanea #516
I started teaching my younger son to drive last night. Prayers appreciated. Just not even sure what…