- Have any of my readers had a Popeye’s chicken sandwich? If the current situation never abates, then I’ll never have one. I’m not waiting any longer than five minutes or so, and I’m certainly not risking the visitation of violence upon my person.
- Disney+ launched this week, and it sounds like something we’ll eventually have ourselves. I really need to sort out what we’re paying for vs. what we’re using right now. I think the case for keeping cable television is going to be weak.
- Having shared my thoughts on Alabama’s scant chances to make the playoff, I’ll adopt whatever SEC team gets in. It’d be fun to pull for Jalen, too, if that happens.
- Today I learned that highfalutin has no apostrophe. Who says Twitter is an endless wasteland?
- Dad, the boys, and I are excited about Ford v Ferrari. Doesn’t necessarily hit me as a blockbuster, but we’ll still probably wait a week or so as crowd control.
- It makes me happy that Joan Jett is actually in the Sunday Night Football intro now.
- The PBR 99-pack is real, though if it really does sell for $175, it’s a poor deal indeed. That’s up in the price range of just about any premium/craft beer available at a decent grocery store. (Some value for the gimmick of the seven-foot box is acknowledged, but not that much.)
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #124
We got a robocall last night delaying the boys’ school this morning two hours. Then we got another …
- Thursday miscellanea #386
I remember when 386 meant an Intel 80386-powered desktop computer, and it was blazingly fast and th…
- Thursday miscellanea #166
It was great to meet a few more Rocket City Bloggers last night at Lime Fresh, and the proximity to…
- Thursday miscellanea #218
15. We’re coming for #16 next year. Consider notice served. Don’t like it? Come get us. Roll Tide. …
- Thursday miscellanea #415
Far too many of you are using pleasurable when you should use pleasant. Pleasurable has fairly stro…