- I met Conni for lunch at Cahoots in Hartselle today. What a visually fascinating place! Looking forward to taking Lea over there.
- I showed Nathan True Romance this week. I love this film, though I’d forgotten how quirky the score is. It’s almost playful, though given most of what happens on-screen, it’s disconcerting rather than calming.
- Hopefully, my combat with our dishwasher is near an end. Its new drain pump is installed, and its new inlet valve will be tomorrow evening. Probably another $100-150 saved, thanks to RepairClinic.com.
- The new Formula 1 season is upon us. Here’s hoping the changes to the cars will make for better competition. (They certainly look better.)
- I was on vacation when we had to change the damned clocks this time, so it was largely transparent to me. I’ll have to remember that.
- We might be done with any reasonable prospect of a freeze. Guess I’d better cut the onions this weekend.
- Posts (and/or possibly post series) in progress: A wet shaving primer; best and worst ROI for high quality in daily use items; and a new feminist manifesto.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #191
Three years ago we had a late hard freeze—like a week into April or so—and it was absolute hell on …
- Thursday miscellanea #327
Well, Duke won the NCAA basketball title. I might remember that two whole months. Maybe this bullet…
- Thursday miscellanea #481
My review of Keegan’s Public House is up on Rocket City Mom. You’ve got my contributor page over th…
- Hayseed arrives in the big city!
I have a few music videos recorded from Hit Video USA, which was channel 41 on Cable Alabama when we…
- Thursday miscellanea #435
Apple just announced a forthcoming iPhone that will cost $999. Poll results at Cult of Mac indicate…