- If current trends hold, in just another month or two the tallest person in my household will be 13 years old, not 43.
- I like my new phone a lot, though I’ve found a couple of minor bugs. I’m enjoying Cortana more as I learn how to talk to her. The location-based stuff is pretty trick, though not being able to set current location as a favorite with a single action from inside Cortana strikes me as a significant UI blunder.
- On my commute, there is a mud flap that came off a large truck lying in the road. It’s been there for three days. There are screws sticking up on it. Isn’t this the kind of thing a police officer should at least get off the pavement? It would take him/her two minutes. I would do it myself, but I can’t pull off safely where it is. Something like…oh, a police light bar would make it easy.
- No surprise the playoff committee went with Ohio State, is it? Avoid the Big 12 question entirely that way. Oh, and the committee saying the conference’s declaration of co-champions figured into it is lame. You can look at a head-to-head result whether the Big 12 “officially” does or not.
- I may try our Christmas Eve shrimp with royal reds this year.
- The saga of Harvard professor Ben Edelman being overcharged $4 for Chinese food is compelling, jaw-dropping reading. He apologized yesterday.
- Got the Christmas hot sauce box this week. Looking forward to trying some of my new ones, but I need to make some space first. I think I have ten open bottles right now.
You might also like:
- The #CollegeFootballPlayoff ensures harmony and curbs controversy!
Florida State hasn’t lost since November 24, 2012, and just beat its rival. Better drop them from #3…
- Thursday miscellanea #313
As a society, it feels like we’re way too excited about ugly Christmas sweaters this year. Alabamia…
- Thursday miscellanea #117
Happy Festivus! Nathan’s getting a Guinness Book of World Records for Christmas. That was one of my…
- Thursday miscellanea #490
Good riddance, Christmas traffic. I haven’t seen Bird Box, and I’m not sure I’ll bother with it now…
- Thursday miscellanea #487
Winter temperatures are definitely here. I enjoy the convenience of purchasing refrigerated groceri…