- Facebook is recommending people for me to “poke” now. (For all I know it always did that and I’m only just now noticing.) Maybe 3 in 5 recommendations are right on, but the other 2 are dudes. Yeah, that’s weird.
- I’m having lunch with my favorite teacher today—a very special woman who first touched my life in 1986 and with whom I enjoy a wonderful relationship now. I might be laughing with her as you read this!
- I have made friends with Windows Phone 7. It does what I need it to do, and it never stumped me, even right after I got it. You know, though, every time I use my Palm TX, I still wonder, a bit wistfully, what PalmOS could have been by now.
- I spent my very first close-up time with a Prius this week, thanks to a colleague who purchased one and graciously allowed me to drive it waaaaaaaay before the new wore off. I’m impressed with the rigor of its design. Everywhere I looked, there was evidence of an intelligent person thinking “what should be happening right here?”
- Had some Cracker Jack not long ago. The surprise inside was a mini-bio of Alexander Hamilton.
- Lea, the boys, and I partook of Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief this weekend. It was fun, if a bit derivative. Idle web reading revealed a parody of this genre called Benjamin Sniddlegrass and the Cauldron of Penguins. That’s a great title.
- Marie Sharp’s Fiery Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce has locked up a slot as a staple at my house. My new favorite snack is baked Tostitos Scoops filled up with this stuff. What a fabulous gustatory explosion!
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #51
Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy has died at 77. It will surprise no one who knows me that Kennedy was …
- Thursday miscellanea #312
If current trends hold, in just another month or two the tallest person in my household will be 13 …
- Thursday miscellanea #442
In 1964, the Oldsmobile 4-4-2 was named that for its four-barrel carburetor, its four-speed manual …
- Thursday miscellanea #38
Whew. This week has largely had its way with me. It’ll be a long day tomorrow, but it ought to be m…
- Thursday miscellanea #405
Congratulations to Clemson on winning its first football national championship since 1981. I’d have…