- Well, “they” understated our Christmas snow, and then got Snowpocalypse about right. So, if there’s a trend, “they” were due for a thoroughly inaccurate forecast. It came Tuesday night. Two to four inches of snow predicted, and…it rained. No complaints here. I’m over snow for the season.
- An Alabama law firm has filed suit against Taco Bell, claiming its meat is only 35% beef. It was right at 95% when I worked there—one pound of “seasoning” per twenty of ground beef—and I don’t doubt that it’s fallen since then, but 35% seems awfully low.
- I don’t watch college football recruiting nearly as closely as many do. I did see that as of this writing, out of 21 commitments, Alabama has 15 4- and 5-star recruits. Gee, that sounds pretty good.
- The official cause of death for those 5,000 birds in Arkansas is “blunt force trauma,” i.e. they flew into something. Love it! That won’t be a microgram of cover against the average conspiracy theorist.
- Back up to six months since I’ve been in a Wal-Mart. (We stopped there in Wisconsin last year.) I guess before that it was in October of 2009 to buy the Kiss CD, and before that it was September 2008 to buy an Oxford cap. That’s three visits since October 2006. I miss Wal-Mart like amoebic dysentery.
- The latest warning circulating about an aggregator site is real, and if you follow the directions, you and your information will indeed be removed—from that site. I suppose there is some satisfaction in continuing the effort, but this battle is essentially lost, folks.
- “America, you’re gettin’ burger hungry, hungry for the burger that makes you full…” So Hardbodies finally came to DVD. When do I get Hamburger: The Motion Picture?
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #155
The boys and I saw my dad last night. I’m letting too much time get by between visits, and for no g…
- Thursday miscellanea #204
Just got the Kiss remaster Destroyer – Resurrected last night. It’s producer Bob Ezrin’s doing. I h…
- Thursday miscellanea #318
Please note: there is no N in restaurateur. There are two Ms in accommodate. There is no X in aster…
- Thursday miscellanea #270
I believe Dylan Farrow. I appreciate her courage and admire her reasons for telling her story. We a…
- Thursday miscellanea #271
As much winter storm drama and upheaval as we’ve had, there haven’t been many opportunities to play…