Did one of these posts fairly recently, but I really thought this was a good one when I spotted it at Falcon’s Eyrie. (I see from a related post that I did one containing several of these questions earlier, but there’s enough unique content to be worth it.)
1. The phone rings; who don’t you want it to be?
Almost anyone. I don’t like talking on the phone at all. In fact, absent a specific and sustainable purpose, I find it senseless for a conversation with someone less than 20 miles away to last any more than two or three minutes. The telephone is a means, not an end.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Yes. Moreover, if I see someone leave one in the middle of the parking lot, and I’m in the right mood, I’ll embarrass that person.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
It depends. If it’s a business setting, definitely more of a listener, though I talk when I have something to contribute. In a more casual setting, about half and half. I talk the most when what I’m saying is receiving the ongoing approval of women in attendance.
4. What was the last compliment that someone gave you?
I recently received a professional compliment concerning a human relations effort I’d made that was noticed. I appreciated it.
5. Do you play the lottery?
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, who would you want with you?
This is not enough information to answer the question. Do I have any idea where I am? Is it a forest? A desert? A grassland? Who abandoned me?
7. Do you like to ride horses?
That I can recall, my complete equestrian experience consists of being on a led pony for about three minutes, when I was 8 or 9. I’ve never felt any drive to ride a horse.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
I went to YMCA Day Camp a few years. It was fun.
9. What is your favorite party game?
Probably Pictionary, but I absolutely cannot drink when I play it, as I become socially unacceptable. I’m excellent at Taboo. I’ve never lost at Balderdash.
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it?
Of course not.
11. When was the last time that you lied?
I can’t remember. I try pretty hard not to at all, but I’m sure I tell a minor one of convenience once in a while.
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
It depends on how different. I was never very good at casual dating, so most of the time I began evaluating a relationship for marriage potential fairly quickly. Then the question becomes “could you marry someone…” Off the top of my head, I doubt I could have married an atheist, a satanist, a Muslim, or anything involving worshiping nature as a deity. I also don’t care for vague “spirituality.”
13. If you have a S/O, who pursued who? If not, do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I nominally pursued Lea, I suppose, but we were ready to be together, so it wasn’t like there was a lot of drama.
14. Use six words to describe yourself.
Loving father, husband; humbly following Christ.
15. Name a song that could make you cry.
“Down from Dover” by Dolly Parton rips me completely to pieces.
16. Are you pleased with your education?
I am in that it’s been part of what’s enabled me to have a rewarding and lucrative career. There were a lot of other degrees I’d have enjoyed for their own sakes, but that wouldn’t have had as much earning potential.
17. How do you feel about gun control?
I want everyone armed to the teeth.
18. If your house was on fire, what thing would be the first thing you grabbed?
19. How often do you have a romantic weekend?
The whole weekend? We haven’t done that since before we had the boys. We’ve been getting better about date night, though. Our church youth group making itself available for babysitting once a month has helped that effort quite a lot.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Definitely the present, as it’s requiring more of me than it has in quite a while.
21. What was the last adult magazine that you have read?
I’m sure it was Playboy. Couldn’t tell you when. Year ago?
22. What are you told about your eyes?
The last great thing someone told me about my eyes was that there was no evidence of retinal damage from my (formerly) untreated hypertension.
23. How tall is just right?
I have no opinion.
24. Where is your dream house located?
I’d love for it to be the case that you turned onto my property and had to drive another mile to get to my house.
25. Do you have a secret fetish?
Sure. Several little ones, and one big one.
26. Have you tried bourbon? If yes, what type?
Bourbon is my drink. Unless you’re a fairly serious connoisseur, it’s a safe bet I’ve tried any bourbon you can name.
27. Have you ever seen a male or female stripper?
My most memorable stripper experience was shooting Crown Royal with one until 3 in the morning when I was in Atlanta on business about ten years ago. Her name was Holly, she was spectacularly gorgeous, and she was eating dinner with her boyfriend, who was the director of security at the club where she worked. The three of us drank and laughed until we closed the place. Wow, did I ever have a headache the next day (you know, like five hours later).
28. When was the last time you were at TGI Fridays?
I met Saintseester there a few months ago.
29. When was the last time you were at church?
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
31. What was your favorite job?
I hold it now. I am a technical writer.
32. What condiments do you like at your BBQ?
Depends on the barbecue. For pulled pork, I like a touch of white sauce, some vinegar-based slaw, a good shot of black pepper, and a lot of dill pickle chips. For ribs, I like a thicker red sauce.
33. Bud is hosting Thursday Thunks this week. Will you play?
I have no idea what this means.
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
35. Who was the last person that you showered with (it’s okay to leave out the name)?