- Huntsville Restaurant Week starts a week from tomorrow, and I’m making my plans. This gets better every year! Watch for news from the front!
- The Eldora Dirt Derby is tonight at 8 pm on FS1. (That’s 150 laps of NASCAR trucks on a half-mile dirt oval. Should be a blast.)
- Rutger Hauer died last week at 75, having lived nearly 19 times longer than Roy Batty. Tears in rain. Time to die. RIP.
- Burger King will soon have the Impossible Whopper, with a plant-based patty produced by Impossible Foods, available nationwide. I almost never eat fast food anymore, but yes, of course I will review it for BoWilliams.com. Stay tuned.
- Top Line Tires is gone, and my longtime trust-him-enough-even-to-send-Lea-to-talk-to-him-by-herself guy in Madison Greg was not retained by the new owner of the building. I just bought tires for my pickup on Amazon. I’ll let you know how that goes.
- I was confident five years ago that I could make my next colonoscopy funny enough to live-blog it. Am I still? Yeah, probably. However, I didn’t get an office visit to remind my doctor that he said I could go without sedation this time. So, (mercifully?) I’ll pass. This will be a new record for fasting for me, though—right at 44 hours. Not sure what it says about me that I’ve selected my super-duper beanie weenies to be awaiting me when I get home, but I’m already excited about that part.
- Maybe I’ll see if the boys are up for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood before school starts back.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #386
I remember when 386 meant an Intel 80386-powered desktop computer, and it was blazingly fast and th…
- Thursday miscellanea #72.5
Well, I had more bullets. Lucky you! (I spent a very long time deciding whether this post would be …
- Thursday miscellanea #273
“No, we’re not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.” Thanks for the substantial laughs and all …
- Thursday miscellanea #338
There’s a big break in the heat forecast for the weekend. We just might sneak into the upper 70s fo…
- Thursday miscellanea #303
Lows in the 40s are forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday night. Yay for fall! They’ve put in tu…