- All right, I’ve successfully incorporated progressive-lens eyeglasses into my life. I have an occasional odd moment, but mostly I don’t notice them now. I’ll switch between these and monovision contact lenses freely. Don’t see any need to try multifocal contact lenses anytime soon.
- H. Ross Perot, Eagle Scout, Texas magnate, vigilante rescue mission organizer, billionaire, and the man who elected Bill Clinton in 1992, has died at 89. Now that guy was an American. RIP.
- My affection for summer has steadily waned as I’ve gotten older, but I still love the return of real, locally grown tomatoes. It is shameful what industrial agriculture has done to them.
- I am always looking for hot wings to review. If you know of a good place that isn’t listed on my #hsvhotwings page, then please let me know.
- Have you seen this “Top Fan” business on Facebook? When you like a page and comment on its posts, you can be recognized as such, and it says Top Fan on your comments. Apparently you have to qualify for it weekly, however, so if you slack, you can lose it. Not sure what the point is. Seems kind of silly.
- This has been an interesting journey indeed. I decided to drink on spring break last year, and since then have gone back and forth—a month abstaining, a week not, three weeks abstaining, and so forth. I’m considering it carefully again and leaning toward teetotalism without exception, frankly. It’s a slam-dunk simplification of the way I do things, and how often are those available?
- Stranger Things 3 has been out there for six days, and so far nothing has been spoiled for me. (We actually binged the rest of Scott & Bailey over the long weekend, contrary to what we thought would happen.) Should probably get on the stick, however.
You might also like:
- Please like BoWilliams.com on Facebook
I made a Facebook page for BoWilliams.com some time ago, but never did much with it. I’ve decided to…
- Whither Thursday miscellanea?
Thursday miscellanea posts have been a part of BoWilliams.com for most of its existence. I’ve had th…
- Thursday miscellanea #47
Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter is an absolutely spectacular beer. You’d break a date to drink thi…
- Thursday miscellanea #126
I did a 10-oz. New York strip last night for 45 seconds a side, and it was positively divine. A lit…
- Thursday miscellanea #310
I saw snow in November. There wasn’t much, but it was definitely there. Wow. I don’t think that’s e…