- Locals: there are lots of new potholes as a result of the torrential rains we’ve had. Pay attention.
- RepairClinic.com has been a tremendous help to me over the years. I’ve saved literally thousands of dollars repairing appliances instead of paying someone else to. Now the Amazon monster has invaded there too. The dryer parts I ordered this week were $93 shipped. On RepairClinic.com, my total would have been $152. That’s just too much of a difference. What would you have done? So, with RepairClinic.com, I guess I’ve reached a point at which I’ll still do just enough business with them to avoid feeling guilty watching their videos.
- Finished The Americans two nights ago. My initial assessment remains: this is not a great show, but it is a very good one. I’ll also say that it definitely doesn’t hold your hand on the way out. Wow.
- Picking up some work snacks last week, I noticed that Chicken of the Sea had smoked salmon pouches available. Yes, please. They’re not terrible, but they’re definitely not as good as the prettier product sold for hors d’oeuvres. I’ll stick with tuna for work snacks.
- Lea was a bit lukewarm on the proposition, so I’m going to see Heart with two other hot chicks! (They’re married to each other, so nothing untoward. Heh!)
- The Daytona 500 was one of the most ridiculous “races” I’ve ever seen, with 93% of the field crashing, and 58% of the field crashing out. If the 2019 NASCAR rule changes propagate pack racing much more widely (as is feared), then it won’t be entertaining anywhere anymore. Sunday’s Atlanta race will tell us a lot.
- So looking forward to having lunch tomorrow with an old college friend I haven’t seen in 30 years!
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #489
Candy Nation earned some of my Christmas business this year, and I suspect will stay on my list. Go…
- Thursday miscellanea #112
Just back from a whole-family hike on Monte Sano. We haven’t done that in much too long. We were 0 …
- Rocket City Bloggers meet & greet, Thursday, June 27, 5 pm
Attention area bloggers! The Rocket City Bloggers group is having a fun get-together next week, and …
- Thursday miscellanea #232
It’s a crazy week for lots of reasons—no particular one debilitating by itself, but exhausting in c…
- Thursday miscellanea #64
Winter knocks. Forecasted high for Saturday is 38º. Lea told me yesterday that she’s not feeling ve…