- Baby Driver is a great summertime movie and worth a theater trip. The R rating is pretty soft; probably a PG-13 except for two or three brief scenes of graphic violence.
- I have to start keeping a lunch in reserve at work, even if it’s just a can of Spaghettios. I deluded myself into Taco Bell yesterday. I don’t need to do that ever again. Counting the unsettled afternoon tummy, it’s like four hours of self-loathing.
- Dear female Facebook friends: The photographic filters that smooth all of your wrinkles and blemishes and whatever else you’re hiding also make you look ridiculously synthetic, like a plastic baby doll, and it’s not a good look. Please, knock it off. You are lovely just the way you are.
- Our when-we-push-the-peanut tiling project in the boys’ bathroom is to the exciting part. Lea’s putting tile up. She’s doing a great job.
- The IndyCar championship race is tight. Not following the series? It’s always a good time to jump in. Next race is in the streets of Toronto on Sunday at 2 PM CDT on CNBC.
- I want an Echo Show, but not for that money. I’ll watch for a Christmas shopping special.
- Still too early to call it in a mild summer, but we’re firmly into the part of the calendar that misery frequents. If we can tiptoe through another six weeks of highs in the low 90s, I’ll be a happy guy.
You might also like:
- Use IndyCar.com on your tablet when you watch the race!
Longtime readers know I’m a big fan of the IndyCar Series. It started with me wanting to watch Danic…
- Thursday miscellanea #298
Problem: Second-generation Honda Odyssey EX air conditioner front fan won’t work; rear fan blows wa…
- Thursday miscellanea #410
I watched the first episode of Mr. Robot, loved it, and then never went back to it. I restarted it …
- Thursday miscellanea #434
Irma looks like a very nasty girl indeed. Praying everyone in affected areas gets out all right. As…
- Thursday miscellanea #525
I had to go buy some pants this week to replace the ones I donated several months ago because I res…