- Couldn’t tell you the last time I sat and watched a baseball game. I watched almost all of Game 7 last night. Sorry, Royals. I was your fan for three hours. Maybe that’s what did you in.
- My bottle of my friend Jason’s smoked red moruga hot sauce has gotten half again as hot since I bought it. The flavor is so good that I want to use it on and in lots of things, but I’m using smaller and smaller drops!
- Relatedly, Scott Roberts has substantially updated the best Scoville heat unit (SHU) scale on the web. Check it out.
- I like the Matthew McConaughey Lincoln spots. I do. I liked the first one the first time I saw it. I think it’s an artistically solid effort to do something different with a car commercial.
- Of course, my preferred narrative is Auburn deals Ole Miss its second SEC loss this weekend and Alabama wins out. An Auburn fan has a steeper mountain right now. They need the same two losses from Mississippi State that we need from Ole Miss—only Mississippi State doesn’t have any losses yet.
- Quick, name an iconic rock band named after a sex toy! Steely Dan took its name from the Steely Dan III—a dildo in William S. Burroughs’ 1959 novel Naked Lunch.
- We just might need the heat by Saturday night. Won’t need it long—high of 60 forecast for Sunday—but a cool Friday, a cold Friday night, and a cooler Saturday might be enough to run it for a few hours.
You might also like:
- Despite contrary whispers, Alabama still needs that second Ole Miss loss
As soon as Alabama dropped the Ole Miss game, and assuming Alabama righted the ship, Alabama needed …
- SEC miscellanea
Remember when Tennessee-Florida was THE game in the first half of the season? Did they edit an endi…
- Alabama finishes 9-3; both Auburn and Tennessee fall
I try hard to pick with my head and not my heart when I have occasion to pick an Alabama football ga…
- 2014: The Year of Mississippi #HailState #OleMiss
It is an old and storied college football rivalry. Contested for well over 100 years, its heroes hav…
- Iron Bowl 2010
I’ll tell you, sometimes being a fan is complicated. I like to see Auburn do well when they aren’t p…