- I am going to be a fall festivalin’ fool this weekend—both the boys’ school and church. I’m glad they had the good sense to do this on a weekend when Alabama is off.
- Speaking of, you may have heard there’s a big football game next weekend.
- I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a worse game than a lot of people think.
- Good beer elevates cheap food, but cheap beer drags good food down.
- I’m going to see a movie with BamaDan next week. Had a look at what’s playing, and saw The Thing, Ghostbusters, and Footloose. That’s just wrong.
- Lea used to work with this guy who, when he called in sick, would say “I’m just not feeling my best.” I love that. It’s funny because it’s vaguely prissy, but it’s also ingenious, because how often do you really feel your best?
- Looking forward to my Kindle Fire. I thought the Wi-Fi-only thing might irritate me, but I’ve found with my mobile blogging rig that there’s an awful lot of Wi-Fi out there.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #237
The number 237 resonates with me in a couple of ways. For one thing, it’s the number of the forbidd…
- Review: The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
Dr. Heiter, a surgeon renowned for his work with Siamese twins, decides he’d really like to sew thre…
- Thursday miscellanea #140
Well, the peace treaty lasted until about 9:15 this morning. Twelve weeks to go! So, say some yo-yo…
- Thursday miscellanea #523
Well, that was one of the more extreme meltdowns I can recall. Sure am glad I didn’t have a dozen p…
- Thursday miscellanea #357
Locals, if you haven’t yet had the heat on, your luck looks likely to run out this weekend. Nathan …