- I am going to put my change up, fold my receipt, place it in the designated place in my wallet, and put my wallet in my pocket. If you hand me my bag before I have done these things, I will set it down right in front of me without moving. You people are going to give me ten goddam seconds post-transaction.
- My standard Halloween practice is to watch House of 1000 Corpses in between answering the door. However, this year trick-or-treating will be opposite football. Might be time for a change.
- If you ever start really missing that ridiculous percussion riff that permeated 1970s television (and porn), just quickly and repeatedly whisper “brown chicken, brown cow, brown chicken, brown cow…” (Hat tip, Anna.)
- I get an occasional hit from a Windows 2000 user, which I enjoy. Windows 2000 was the first Microsoft operating system I really liked using.
- There are two schools of spaghetti people: mix-it-all-together folks, and sauce-over-noodles folks. Mix-it-all-together folks, you’re going straight to hell, and you can stop reading here. But sauce-over-noodles folks, dig: when you put the leftovers up, put the noodles and the sauce side-by-side in the container. Then, when you get some the next day for lunch, you can get noodles out first, then spoon sauce over the top, just as if it were fresh.
- I renewed our car tags yesterday. Stamped plates are almost gone in Alabama. All of the new ones are screened. I have no idea whether state prisoners actually made/make our tags, but a mental image of them running some nerdy microprocessor-driven paint machine isn’t nearly as satisfying as one of them running a massive press.
- Gold’s been over $1,000/oz. every day for a month now. Don’t relax yet.
You might also like:
- Review: Shirataki Shaped Noodle Substitute
My friend Christy, who loves to eat, feed people, and tell you all about it, told Lea and me about h…
- Thursday miscellanea #229
Back from a jaunt to Chattanooga today. We’re going to be tourists in our own town tomorrow. Why wo…
- Lea’s killer chicken noodle soup
This started life as a CROCK-POT® cookbook recipe, but Lea and I (mostly Lea) have modified it exten…
- BoWilliams.com On Huntsville Hot Wings: Tenders
This is part of an ongoing series reviewing hot wings in the Huntsville area. Visit #HsvHotWings for…
- Huntsville has an Iranian restaurant
I don’t know for sure, but I believe House of Kabob, on Sparkman just south of Executive, is Huntsvi…