I don’t value reviews written immediately after the album’s release very highly. These things take time–at least a few months–before they reliably imprint. That said, here are some quick thoughts:
- Initially, I’m so much more pleased with this record than I was with Gene’s recent solo effort.
- Early favorites are “Bulletproof” and “Where Angels Dare.”
- I’ve heard several folks make comparisons to ’80s Kiss, particularly Hot in the Shade. I don’t really hear it. The production and Paul’s songwriting have both come much too far.
- I’ve also heard a few complaints about the length (a tad over 33 minutes). I hadn’t noticed, which tells me it’s fine.
Ask me what I really think after Christmas sometime. For now, I’ll just say it’s certainly getting a lot of iPod time.
You might also like:
- Stuff’s not as good as you remember it
That may be the lesson I’m slowly absorbing, more than any other, as I process our Kiss concert last…
- Kiss announces farewell* tour The End of the Road
The End of the Road has arrived. The final* Kiss tour was announced Wednesday night on the America’s…
- For final major act of a storied career, Kiss decides to piss everyone off
Kiss will shortly be inducted into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame, 16 years after becoming eligible….
- An open letter to Rick Burgess
Dear Mr. Burgess: I am writing you regarding your daughter Brandi’s recent disclosures of both her s…
- Appreciating the finer things
Those readers who know me well know that I appreciate the finer things of life. My career affords me…