- During our exceptionally warm early autumn, I frequently thought of those Halloween nights when my mom would make me wear a coat over my costume. Made me so mad. “Not looking that way this year,” I’d chuckle. And here we are, and it does.
- Nick Saban is 68 today. Happy Birthday Coach!
- I had many happy years with HiWAAY—as an Internet provider for a few years, and then only for email for many more—but their service really fell off a cliff in the past year or so. Not sure I can tell the story entertainingly enough to make a post worth it, but it’s almost like they went out of their way to make me mad. If you’re considering any of their offerings, I’d recommend finding someone else.
- There are more leaked nude photos of a prominent person out there as of this week. Haven’t looked for them. Not going to. I have somewhat limited interest in perusing nude photos anyway, but if the subject hasn’t authorized their release, I have no desire whatsoever to see them. I feel bad for Erin Andrews every time I see her (and no, I haven’t seen those either).
- The newly-christened Arrow McLaren SP has jettisoned James Hinchcliffe far later than it had to, putting him into a scramble to find a seat for 2020. Hinch is an easy guy to like, and I hope he finds a path.
- Started sniffing around looking for a new phone, which means I’ll probably pull the trigger in the next two or three months. Thinking about doing what I did this time, which was get the international, unlocked version of a nice Chinese phone. Significant benefit: less than half the cost of something comparable from Samsung or Google. Significant drawback: no warranty.
- Judging an annual chili competition again tomorrow! I had such a good time last year, and I get to visit with a nifty friend. Looking forward to it.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #342
I’ll be substantially participating in Huntsville Restaurant Week, and I’m looking forward to it. S…
- Thursday miscellanea #65
Brüno. Eh. Has moments, but it’s mostly paint-by-numbers. Not to be missed if phallic humor is your…
- Thursday miscellanea #91
Well, Shania Twain and Robert John “Mutt” Lange are finally all the way divorced. I can’t possibly …
- Thursday miscellanea #312
If current trends hold, in just another month or two the tallest person in my household will be 13 …
- Thursday miscellanea #300
Never heard of half the people whose nude photos were leaked this week. I’ve known for years that y…