- I had to go buy some pants this week to replace the ones I donated several months ago because I resolved to never again be in pants that size. Putting my productive routine back together. Please don’t preach at me. If you want to keep me in your prayers, I’ll take that. Thanks.
- Terminator: Dark Fate, which directly follows The Terminator and Terminator 2 and relegates all other Terminator films to “alternate timelines,” is gathering charges of being derivative. Well, duh. I’m not sure how it couldn’t be. I still want to see it. James Cameron is co-producing. Probably just Dad and me at the Monaco. Not even the boys care.
- (Just FTR: I thought Terminator 3 was good, and Terminator Salvation was very good. I thought Genisys was terrible.)
- This week I encountered the abomination mentee. Do you know what a mentee is? It’s a person that a mentor guides and counsels. We already have a lovely word for this person, and as a BoWilliams.com reader who obviously cares what I think, you damned well better use that one instead. Mentee is disgusting, soulless, and wrong.
- Look for Dad, the boys, and me in the Southwest Vista at the 2020 Indianapolis 500. Are we pumped? Yes we are. Want to join us? Watch for general on-sale next Friday.
- Hyman’s Hot Sauce is my new go-to Louisiana sauce, even though it’s from South Carolina. Good stuff. Pick some up. Thanks to my sister Jenny for giving me a bottle as a present and putting it on my radar.
- When Mac Jones starts for Alabama on Saturday against Arkansas, it will be the first time in Nick Saban’s (2007- ) tenure that his first-string quarterback won’t start because of injury. That’s pretty incredible.
- As I type, lows in the 30s are forecast for three of the next fourteen days. Highs in the 70s are forecast for only four of them. It seemed like it took forever, but it’s finally here. Enjoy. I am.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #342
I’ll be substantially participating in Huntsville Restaurant Week, and I’m looking forward to it. S…
- Thursday miscellanea #192
Saw about 79% of The Avengers Tuesday night with BamaDan and our boys. Aaron wasn’t feeling well, s…
- Thursday miscellanea #428
I ran my mouth about a mild summer, and look what happened. Heh. Looks cooler next week, though wit…
- Thursday miscellanea #267
Do you have a blog in the Huntsville area, or a business you’d like to promote to the Huntsville bl…
- Thursday miscellanea #429
Huntsville Restaurant Week is fast approaching, and the annual associated food blogger tour is this…