- It’s raining again. We have some neighbors to the northwest who have a pond that periodically dries up, but it’s rather impressive right now. Also, this body of water is back in a big way.
- There’s a marked (but smooth-top) trooper in a Charger prowling 565 this week. Also, that unmarked Tahoe is still around. Finally, Madison Police has a new predominantly black color scheme. That’s on a new Charger too, which is a departure. MPD has run Crown Vics and Impalas for the past 25 years.
- BamaDan and I saw Haywire last night. That’s a marvelous film. Solid 8/10.
- I have perfectly rationalized mooching Wi-Fi without patronage, because lots of times I go to such places and buy things without using the Wi-Fi. This is the same logic that allows me to guiltlessly use McDonald’s restrooms when traveling without buying anything.
- Speaking of, I’m delighted to be able to still mooch said Wi-Fi on my netbook. I grabbed it in a hurry on Tuesday morning, thinking I might blog at lunch. When I went to get it out, it had hung trying to hibernate, so the hard drive had run continuously for almost four hours while enclosed completely in its bag. It was so hot I almost couldn’t touch it. Cooled it off and recharged it, and it’s good to go.
- I went poking around the Adobe site on another matter, and discovered they’re about to make essentially all of their multimedia and graphic software available for lease at $49.99 a month. I’ve sometimes considered catching back up on Director and Flash, but the prices have always turned me off. This is something I’ll consider carefully. After all, it wouldn’t take much freelance work at all to keep it paid for.
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA is tasty, but at least one area Publix appears to be stocking it instead of Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. That won’t do, folks.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #249
If you haven’t done so already, head over to Rocket City Mom and check out my review of Sunrise Piz…
- Thursday miscellanea #278
We have a date for the Alabamians Can Read discussion of The Great Gatsby! Join us Sunday evening, …
- Thursday miscellanea #162
My closest blogging friend, and a pretty doggone good friend in general, is retiring her flagship b…
- Thursday miscellanea #273
“No, we’re not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.” Thanks for the substantial laughs and all …
- Thursday miscellanea #239
I’m getting tired of fire ants. Saw Iron Man 3 on Tuesday night with Dad, BamaDan and his older two…