- Our mild July gloriously rolls on. June days were 10 degrees hotter.
- You may have noticed the new Popular Incoming Destinations bit to the left. That’s a continually updating list of the most popular posts visitors click to directly, such as from Google. The top post contains the iconic photo of Phoebe Cates from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Based on my long observation of who clicks where, and except for the odd high-traffic reddit.comed post or similar, I expect it’s ensconced. (Edited 07/24: I’ve changed this to What’s Popular Today? It will now update every day. Should be a lot more interesting that way, though I expect dear Phoebe will still rule it most of the time!)
- Lea bought a sprayer nozzle for the hose yesterday that includes the following warning (directly) quoted: “Do not spray water into an electrical outlet. Severe electrical shock could result.” Well, there go my plans for the morning. I was going to do that right after I forcibly inserted it into my anus, and right before I ground it up for an ice cream sundae topping.
- Saintseester said something a day or three ago that should have been obvious, but wasn’t (to me, anyway). How excited are you about a year of free OnStar in your new, government-owned GM vehicle?
- A really bad idea just popped into my head. How about a Diff’rent Strokes movie? I fear it might actually be in development, so I don’t want to go look.
- Here is a great overview that answers several questions about how we might get to Mars.
- “Never again” is the common and expected sentiment upon visiting a Nazi death camp site. As Jonah Goldberg pointed out in a painful column yesterday, we really don’t much mean it. Want to see a labor/death camp North Korea says doesn’t exist? Here, have an informed blow-by-blow of what you’re looking at, too. This is 2009, remember.
You might also like:
- Thursday miscellanea #249
If you haven’t done so already, head over to Rocket City Mom and check out my review of Sunrise Piz…
- Thursday miscellanea #341
The Wayward Pines finale is tonight. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been a big David Pilcher fan, …
- Thursday miscellanea #346
We just had two open-window nights in a row in August! Alas, they appear to be over for a while. I …
- Thursday miscellanea #212
We’re about 10 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year. It’s making the difference between…
- Thursday miscellanea #120
Boys are out again today for the winter weather. That makes four days (so far). Not sure where they…