- Have any of my readers had a Popeye’s chicken sandwich? If the current situation never abates, then I’ll never have one. I’m not waiting any longer than five minutes or so, and I’m certainly not risking the visitation of violence upon my person.
- Disney+ launched this week, and it sounds like something we’ll eventually have ourselves. I really need to sort out what we’re paying for vs. what we’re using right now. I think the case for keeping cable television is going to be weak.
- Having shared my thoughts on Alabama’s scant chances to make the playoff, I’ll adopt whatever SEC team gets in. It’d be fun to pull for Jalen, too, if that happens.
- Today I learned that highfalutin has no apostrophe. Who says Twitter is an endless wasteland?
- Dad, the boys, and I are excited about Ford v Ferrari. Doesn’t necessarily hit me as a blockbuster, but we’ll still probably wait a week or so as crowd control.
- It makes me happy that Joan Jett is actually in the Sunday Night Football intro now.
- The PBR 99-pack is real, though if it really does sell for $175, it’s a poor deal indeed. That’s up in the price range of just about any premium/craft beer available at a decent grocery store. (Some value for the gimmick of the seven-foot box is acknowledged, but not that much.)
- I wouldn’t want the President of the United States attending a football game I was attending, no matter who it was. What a pain. Attendees, move your timeframe up several hours.
- There could still be legal challenges, but as of the past week they’ve gotten a lot harder to mount. Hugo Liebel’s appeal for custody of Nosey, the abused African elephant seized by Lawrence County officials in 2017, has been dismissed, and it now seems very likely Nosey will live out the rest of her life at the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. Excellent news!
- The new Tom Keifer record is growing on me a bit, but I’m still finding it a little meh compared to the previous one. I doubt this will ever be a listen-straight-through for me.
- I have my first flat no on a Dr. Squatch soap variety. The Area 51 Bricc is just weird. I tried it for two showers. There will not be a third. It’s headed for garage sink duty.
- I saw some rumbling recently about the Los Angeles Chargers being the front-runner to move to London. It seems kind of silly to me—transatlantic flights nearly every weekend just to make the football season happen?—but if they’re talking about it, it makes sense on someone’s whiteboard.
- Based on what I experienced on 565 last night, I don’t think the Huntsville Police Department is reporting on Nixle at all anymore. I’ve really appreciated the simplicity of this system, but if it’s ineffective, I may have to make friends with Waze.
- Winter will be here next week. At least one low in the teens is forecast, though they’ve backed off the snow talk since last I checked.
During our exceptionally warm early autumn, I frequently thought of those Halloween nights when my mom would make me wear a coat over my costume. Made me so mad. “Not looking that way this year,” I’d chuckle. And here we are, and it does. Nick Saban is 68 today. Happy Birthday Coach! I had many […]
I had to go buy some pants this week to replace the ones I donated several months ago because I resolved to never again be in pants that size. Putting my productive routine back together. Please don’t preach at me. If you want to keep me in your prayers, I’ll take that. Thanks. Terminator: Dark […]
It’s tire pressure warning light season! Dad, the boys, and I caught a 40th anniversary showing of Alien on the big screen last night. It’s still such a masterpiece. Glad we made the effort. Lots of reporting on this, but no one’s really touching on the horror of Ron Ely’s son killing his own mother […]