This morning started week four of my Lenten lacto-ovo vegetarianism. I have been 100% compliant and am happy to report that it got considerably easier after the first week. A few thoughts:
- I’m more confident than ever that I’m not a candidate to do this indefinitely. However…
- …I am thinking seriously every day about only resuming with poultry and seafood after Easter. Can I avoid eating mammals indefinitely? It’s intriguing to consider. Stay tuned.
- Mexican, Italian, and Greek are easy cuisines. A salad bar is obviously highly doable as well. Asian cuisines are essentially shut down for me until Lent is over.
- The black bean burger at Anaheim Chili is very good. I’ll keep that in the rotation.
- Eating and cooking at home hasn’t been a problem. I can cook bacon, chicken, or whatever for Lea and the boys without discomfort. We’re about half and half between me eating my own thing and all of us eating vegetarian (or, a meal that can be satisfyingly and easily modified for me).
So, I’d call myself largely adjusted. I’m interested in how the remaining 25 days will go. Thanks to all who have supported me on this endeavor. I appreciate it.