- Looks like Beloved is the next selection for Alabamians Can Read. Check it out. Pick it up. Join us.
- I tried two new-to-me drink lines this week: LaCroix sparkling water and Zevia soda. I’ll finish the LaCroix that I bought, but I’m unlikely to get it again. The Zevia, however, is an intriguing product. Zevia is zero-calorie soda sweetened primarily with stevia, but also with a bit of erythritol and monk fruit extract (in other words, no artificial sweeteners). I liked the cola and really liked the black cherry. I’m looking forward to trying more flavors.
- “I wish I had more shrimp.” “When I was fixing them, you told me you wanted only eight.” “Yeah, but I didn’t know they were going to be good.”
- Mark McCarter muses about a return of Big Spring Jam. It’d be great, with a little booking care. And think about the proliferation of food trucks and breweries since the last Jam!
- Played with a colleague’s iPhone 6 Plus this week. When I hold it in my right hand I can’t reach the whole screen with my thumb, and it’s not even close. I think this means I won’t even consider a Lumia 1520 when I replace my phone next month.
- It’s as boring a college football weekend as we ever have, I think. Tonight’s UCLA-Arizona State game might be the best of the week.
- I’m getting all the way off Facebook (including the BoWilliams.com page). I’ve had enough. Still considering timing, but I’ve made my mind up. Maybe I’ll start quacking about the superiority of my behavior, like your jackass friends who don’t own a television and constantly wedge such into conversation.
BoWilliams.com is not a review site per se, but I’ve done enough of them now that it makes sense to gather them in one place. Hence, there is now a Bo’s Reviews tab on the navigation bar above. All of the restaurants, hot sauces, movies, or whatever for which I’ve written a review have a link there. The newest reviews are listed first in each category.
I lead the page with my restaurant reviews at Rocket City Mom, because I’ll reliably add to that list. My restaurant reviews usually appear at Rocket City Mom on the fourth Monday of the month. Hey, guess what today is? Head on over and check out my thought’s on a Huntsville mainstay, Big Ed’s Pizzeria.
Believe it or not, we’re closing on a quarter of the season gone already. It’s the shortest one in big-time sports, folks. There are still a lot of unknowns, but some things are coming into focus. I published 20 predictions just before the first game of the season. Let’s see how I’m doing so far, [...]
AL.com has an interesting piece on TV dinners today, though it may be a bit confused. Frozen dinners are not necessarily TV dinners. TV dinners come in aluminum trays, and they go in the oven. If both of those things aren’t true, it’s not a TV dinner. They may not even make real ones anymore. [...]
Amazon.com debuted its first smartphone a month and a half ago. The Fire phone is a robust piece of hardware running Amazon.com’s forked and highly modified Android operating system. It has cool features like Dynamic Perspective, Amazon.com’s near-instant video customer service Mayday, and of course very tight integration with the entire Amazon.com ecosystem. It bowed [...]