- Blooming Bradford pears smell like stale urine.
- Dad turned 70 on Monday. Happy Birthday! I love you.
- My foot started feeling a lot better Tuesday afternoon. Had my first physical therapy session yesterday, and I have almost full range of motion and only a little swelling. We made another appointment for two weeks out, which I’ll cancel if this continues. After such a miserable Thursday through Monday, I’ll take it!
- I came within 50 pages of reading Paul Stanley’s book in one sitting last night. It’s articulate, candid, and thoroughly engaging. It’s easily the best book by a Kiss member.
- My Lenten vegetarianism is 94.2% in the books. I’ve been 100% compliant and I’m not dropping the ball now. Leaning against abstaining from red meat entirely after Easter, though I will likely cut my consumption significantly.
- Tuesday’s freeze likely helped out with bugs, but it wasn’t cold enough for long enough to be as devastating as the late freeze five or six years ago.
- One of my ubiquitous clandestine informants shared with me that Coach Saban was highly fired up addressing the local Red Elephant chapter this spring. He spoke passionately of “rebuilding” at Alabama. He was referring to attitude – players, staff, and fans. I was excited listening to the report of the meeting. The A-Day game is Saturday at 1. Roll Tide!
- Overtip for good service more than you undertip for bad.
- Purchase only high-quality socks, pens, and beer. Pinch pennies somewhere else.
- Stay out of Wal-Mart for the rest of your life.
- Be five minutes early everywhere you go. You’ll almost always find a way to build value for the appointment as a result.
- If you don’t know what a word means, look it up. If you can’t look it up, ask.
- Drive as if there is a full glass of water on the dashboard.
- Actively seek at least one big laugh every day.
Aaron and I had a marvelous time at Camp McDowell. Dedicated post coming tomorrow. What a magical place! A replacement clip for your Fitbit Zip is a whopping $14.95. So take care of the clip end and don’t let it wear through. I have mine stretched, super-glued, and clamped as I type, but I’m not [...]
I’ll be around intermittently through Wednesday. Scheduled tomorrow’s Dominion Over Animals post, though ran out of time on it too and had to pull up a bit on it. Too much to do this past weekend.
We have a date for the Alabamians Can Read discussion of The Great Gatsby! Join us Sunday evening, April 13, at 8:00 CDT. Stay tuned for the location. (And if you haven’t started the book, you still have plenty of time. It’s not a long book.) Microsoft confirmed this week that the Windows Phone personal [...]