- Arrests in the Gatlinburg fire, thank goodness. There are 14 people dead, and more than 150 injuries. More than 1,700 buildings are damaged or destroyed. Try as adults, please.
- Since I quit smoking, I don’t get as many colds, they don’t hurt as much, and they don’t last as long. But I certainly am ready to be rid of this one. Tomorrow will be a week. I’d love to wake up without it. You know those supercharged sneezes that are about 175% normal strength? Yeesh.
- December’s been tough out of the gate for BoWilliams.com. I’m sorry about that. It’s been a bumpy road. I hope things will pick up this weekend a bit.
- True American hero John Glenn has died at 95. He was the longest-lived original Mercury 7 astronaut, so there’s a complete reunion. Go have a drink, boys! RIP and thank you, sir.
- Dak Prescott is getting a little grief for referring to the Cowboys as America’s Team, and I think it’s deserved grief. Pipe down, young man. You’ve had a fantastic rookie season and great things are ahead of you, but you just got to town. You can’t yet casually throw “America’s Team” around.
- Every Christmas break I say I’m going to straighten out my home office for real, and then I don’t. I’m seriously considering messing it up big-time ahead of the break so I’ll have no choice. Ditto the garage.
- Hopefully we’ll sneak a few more mild days in before the door slams, but winter is definitely paying a visit tonight and through most of the weekend.
- Should I have eggnog with Jack Daniel’s? Or eggnog ice cream with Jack Daniel’s poured over it?
- Florence Henderson has sadly added her name to a devastating 2016. RIP.
- Nathan is excited about getting his aquarium going again. Multiple mentions have occurred several weeks apart, so maybe we’ll give it a go. He didn’t do so well with the upkeep last time.
- Looking forward to Championship Game Saturday. Bittersweet, though. It’s the last semi-normal-feeling college football Saturday of the year.
- We have Sling TV now and I’m more happy than sad, but haven’t pulled the cable plug yet. I want to see how well our main TV does with a hard network connection, and I haven’t crawled under the house to deal with that yet.
- Lea’s still thrilled with the new Leamobile. I’m glad. I’m pleased with it myself.
- I’m glad December is here. Always starts hectically, and hums along in that vein for a good while. But I’ve learned to pull it in starting about the 20th no matter what’s happening. Looking forward to that.
Well, first of all, I keep waiting for the crazy to abate a little, but I’m not sure it’s going to anytime soon. Donald Trump won the presidential election a week ago. Mostly, what I think about what’s happened since then is that nearly everyone, but mostly people who oppose his victory, is in a […]
And then I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and set my feet onto the reality of it. Donald Trump will be the 45th President of the United States. The discontent is real. That’s been clear for some time. Several years ago I began imagining a candidate who could positively channel it and win […]
Lea’s car is totaled. Soon a wrecker will carry it away, and I will never have to think about what part of it needs painting at the moment again. (Marring an otherwise good service record was the fact that the paint started falling off in large pieces about four years into ownership. The only paint […]