- I met Conni for lunch at Cahoots in Hartselle today. What a visually fascinating place! Looking forward to taking Lea over there.
- I showed Nathan True Romance this week. I love this film, though I’d forgotten how quirky the score is. It’s almost playful, though given most of what happens on-screen, it’s disconcerting rather than calming.
- Hopefully, my combat with our dishwasher is near an end. Its new drain pump is installed, and its new inlet valve will be tomorrow evening. Probably another $100-150 saved, thanks to RepairClinic.com.
- The new Formula 1 season is upon us. Here’s hoping the changes to the cars will make for better competition. (They certainly look better.)
- I was on vacation when we had to change the damned clocks this time, so it was largely transparent to me. I’ll have to remember that.
- We might be done with any reasonable prospect of a freeze. Guess I’d better cut the onions this weekend.
- Posts (and/or possibly post series) in progress: A wet shaving primer; best and worst ROI for high quality in daily use items; and a new feminist manifesto.
- Alan Colmes died today. I used to enjoy his commentary quite a bit. RIP.
- I have two Lava Lites in my home office. They’re on timers so they only start about an hour before I get home, and they’re on for about six hours a day total. I don’t run them in the summertime because of the excessive heat. I’ve only gotten to run them about two weeks this whole winter. Can you imagine the thick clouds of mosquitoes we’re going to have come August?
- Nathan went to school in a Black Sabbath shirt this morning. He’s listening to some early stuff. I’ll let that go a while longer before I spring Heaven and Hell on him. I’m curious about how much he’ll like it, frankly. The first Black Sabbath albums are not the most accessible stuff in the world, even now.
- Aaron has until Saturday to decide whether he’s playing spring soccer. We have offered and begun designing a family hiking program as an alternative, which we’ll pursue either way, but rather more vigorously if he does indeed pass on AYSO. I’d like to see if we can work up to Walls of Jericho before school lets back in for the fall.
- With only two more Upward Saturdays ever, I’m playing it really loose with run-out music. Be entertained.
- Doing what I do every year: actually somewhat looking forward to the Daytona 500 because I’m so desperate for a race. Just two weeks and change to IndyCar, though!
- A radical (for me) new daily regimen starts next week. I am doing it for Lent, but I am also trying to make it stick beyond. Reports forthcoming.
I would guess some people will compare Milo Yiannopoulos to Icarus. I am reminded instead of one of my stepbrother’s years-ago adventures. Long story made very short: bunch of buddies together, one had a go-kart, and oh yeah, there was some beer. Every time they refueled the kart they were using a bottle of 104 Octane […]
I watched the first episode of Mr. Robot, loved it, and then never went back to it. I restarted it last night. Two down. I’ll stay with it this time. Watched the pilot of Shameless a couple of nights ago too. Still considering that one. I’ll maybe make a call after three episodes. New bathtub […]
So the little girl army of pushers is slinging its crack again. I don’t think it’s fair that Trefoils are one of the most fattening varieties. Their mild sweetness is deceptive. These spy shots seem to confirm the rumors that the C8 Corvette will go to a mid-engine layout to better compete against its European […]