- “I just called to talk.”
- “How about Panera?”
- “Her butt is too big.”
- “We can’t just build a wall on the southern border.”
- “Ooh, that sounds like it might be too spicy for me.”
- “Government knows best for my family.”
- “Remember on American Idol when…”
- Saintseester told me in the middle of last year’s mild summer that we’d have a brutally cold winter. I laughed her off. She said the same thing yesterday, and I chose not to laugh this time.
- Apparently there is a Fifty Shades of Grey movie on the way. The still from the trailer accompanying the blurb I read appears to show a boy of perhaps 12 as the male lead. Yeah, that ought to be great.
- Coach Saban could have gotten his point across without calling the Sugar Bowl a “consolation game,” and I think Coach Stoops is justified in returning fire. Can the rationalization, folks. Oklahoma didn’t sneak by us. They beat us soundly. Let’s hope we get another shot at them sometime and leave it at that.
- I caught a little of the band touring as Van Halen massacring “Unchained” on YouTube last night. I think we have an awful lot of emperor’s new clothes happening here. Dave is just a bad lounge singer anymore, and Michael Anthony’s harmonies are sorely missed.
- Have you seen the hospital billboards that have continuously updating wait times for their emergency rooms? Why? Are you going to say “well, try to hold your ankle together and stop screaming there, Junior. The wait there is too long. Let’s try the next town”?
- My Fitbit spontaneously reset itself to zero steps yesterday about dinnertime. That’s rather irritating. Hope it’s a fluke.
- Porsche’s Macan is its second SUV. Poor ol’ Ferd must be spinning in his grave. How about a pickup next, guys?
Wow, everybody was so old and fat at the Kiss/Def Leppard concert last night. I’m sure glad that hasn’t happened to me. Lea, the boys, and I traveled to Bridgestone Arena in Nashville last night to take in Kiss, Def Leppard, and Kobra and the Lotus. The boys saw Night Ranger at a festival last [...]
You may have read of a kerfuffle involving a parade float that included an outhouse labeled Obama Presidential Library and a scared zombie. Obama’s Justice Department has deemed this worthy of its attention. This is absolutely outrageous. In the first place, Mr. Obama and Mr. Holder have been all but idle in investigating Fast and [...]
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors (most notably the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Yellowhammer Brewery, and AlaBev), and the hard work of our members (most notably Amanda Conger and Amy Jones), the Rocket City Bloggers had another great networking mixer called Connect! last night! Thanks to [...]