- Alan Colmes died today. I used to enjoy his commentary quite a bit. RIP.
- I have two Lava Lites in my home office. They’re on timers so they only start about an hour before I get home, and they’re on for about six hours a day total. I don’t run them in the summertime because of the excessive heat. I’ve only gotten to run them about two weeks this whole winter. Can you imagine the thick clouds of mosquitoes we’re going to have come August?
- Nathan went to school in a Black Sabbath shirt this morning. He’s listening to some early stuff. I’ll let that go a while longer before I spring Heaven and Hell on him. I’m curious about how much he’ll like it, frankly. The first Black Sabbath albums are not the most accessible stuff in the world, even now.
- Aaron has until Saturday to decide whether he’s playing spring soccer. We have offered and begun designing a family hiking program as an alternative, which we’ll pursue either way, but rather more vigorously if he does indeed pass on AYSO. I’d like to see if we can work up to Walls of Jericho before school lets back in for the fall.
- With only two more Upward Saturdays ever, I’m playing it really loose with run-out music. Be entertained.
- Doing what I do every year: actually somewhat looking forward to the Daytona 500 because I’m so desperate for a race. Just two weeks and change to IndyCar, though!
- A radical (for me) new daily regimen starts next week. I am doing it for Lent, but I am also trying to make it stick beyond. Reports forthcoming.
- I watched the first episode of Mr. Robot, loved it, and then never went back to it. I restarted it last night. Two down. I’ll stay with it this time. Watched the pilot of Shameless a couple of nights ago too. Still considering that one. I’ll maybe make a call after three episodes.
- New bathtub is in, with a little pain but nothing unrecoverable at the end of the day. Lea has big tile plans, so I guess I need to figure out the backing board next.
- As you may know, I set a strict price limit of $500 for any birthday presents that BoWilliams.com readers get for me. As it happens, this watch just sneaks under the wire, and I want it. (If several of you want to get it for me, you can get other colors. I’d also like blue and black.) I know it says $832, but if you put the code “Cyber” in at checkout you get 40% off, which takes it to $499.20. Perfect! My birthday is in April. And thank you in advance!
- I went by Madison Square yesterday to have a gander at the destruction. It’s not particularly impressive-looking yet. Doesn’t even look like anything has happened from the back yet.
- IndyCar testing is in full swing, and the first race is just three weeks and change away. Can’t wait!
- Lea made strawberry shortcake for dessert on Valentine’s Day, and it was that great mildly sweet Bisquick recipe that is so marvelously crumbly. Been thinking about it since. We may have to have it for breakfast soon.
- Been trying to shift gradually to an earlier wake time, and that’s not working out. Cold turkey it is. Hopefully it’ll only be uncomfortable for a week or so.
“She’s real fine, my 409…” That was one of the first Beach Boys songs I heard, from my dad’s collection of 45s. It was the B-side of “Surfin’ Safari.” I can remember asking my dad what a 409 looked like, and being disappointed when he showed me a picture of just some old plain-looking Chevy […]
So the little girl army of pushers is slinging its crack again. I don’t think it’s fair that Trefoils are one of the most fattening varieties. Their mild sweetness is deceptive. These spy shots seem to confirm the rumors that the C8 Corvette will go to a mid-engine layout to better compete against its European […]
Mary Tyler Moore has died at 80. Laura Petrie was the sexiest sitcom wife ever, and Mary Richards was one of the most groundbreaking characters in television history. Thank you and goodbye to a primary cultural force of the second half of the 20th century. RIP. This week I purchased some music I first encountered […]