- Arrests in the Gatlinburg fire, thank goodness. There are 14 people dead, and more than 150 injuries. More than 1,700 buildings are damaged or destroyed. Try as adults, please.
- Since I quit smoking, I don’t get as many colds, they don’t hurt as much, and they don’t last as long. But I certainly am ready to be rid of this one. Tomorrow will be a week. I’d love to wake up without it. You know those supercharged sneezes that are about 175% normal strength? Yeesh.
- December’s been tough out of the gate for BoWilliams.com. I’m sorry about that. It’s been a bumpy road. I hope things will pick up this weekend a bit.
- True American hero John Glenn has died at 95. He was the longest-lived original Mercury 7 astronaut, so there’s a complete reunion. Go have a drink, boys! RIP and thank you, sir.
- Dak Prescott is getting a little grief for referring to the Cowboys as America’s Team, and I think it’s deserved grief. Pipe down, young man. You’ve had a fantastic rookie season and great things are ahead of you, but you just got to town. You can’t yet casually throw “America’s Team” around.
- Every Christmas break I say I’m going to straighten out my home office for real, and then I don’t. I’m seriously considering messing it up big-time ahead of the break so I’ll have no choice. Ditto the garage.
- Hopefully we’ll sneak a few more mild days in before the door slams, but winter is definitely paying a visit tonight and through most of the weekend.
- Should I have eggnog with Jack Daniel’s? Or eggnog ice cream with Jack Daniel’s poured over it?
- Florence Henderson has sadly added her name to a devastating 2016. RIP.
- Nathan is excited about getting his aquarium going again. Multiple mentions have occurred several weeks apart, so maybe we’ll give it a go. He didn’t do so well with the upkeep last time.
- Looking forward to Championship Game Saturday. Bittersweet, though. It’s the last semi-normal-feeling college football Saturday of the year.
- We have Sling TV now and I’m more happy than sad, but haven’t pulled the cable plug yet. I want to see how well our main TV does with a hard network connection, and I haven’t crawled under the house to deal with that yet.
- Lea’s still thrilled with the new Leamobile. I’m glad. I’m pleased with it myself.
- I’m glad December is here. Always starts hectically, and hums along in that vein for a good while. But I’ve learned to pull it in starting about the 20th no matter what’s happening. Looking forward to that.
Still basking in the afterglow of seeing Dolly Parton live last night. I’m so glad I said “you know what? Lea and I are going to that,” because I did so and ordered the tickets pretty much on a whim. I later thought “she’s 70. How many more chances do you think you have, man?” […]
It certainly was tough to keep it apolitical this week. We watched Star Trek Beyond last night. It’s worthy, though I think probably third of the three so far. This cast has jelled nicely. A wrecker came and got Lea’s van yesterday. On my way out to work this morning I noticed where I had […]
I stopped following baseball closely 20+ years ago, but how could I not watch the Cubs and the Indians in the World Series? I caught it here and there, and then watched all of the ridiculously entertaining Game 7. So with the Red Sox winning three years ago and the Cubs last night, the Indians […]