- It’s finally IndyCar race week!
- Thanks to my friend Paul for planting the intermittent fasting seed in my head. I’m giving it a go with one of the simpler regimens: I get all of my calories for a day within an eight-hour window. In my case, that’s shaking out to be 11:30 to 7:30. Essentially, I’m skipping breakfast and not eating anything at night. Yes, the former seems counterintuitive, but check out that link. Sounds promising. I’ll share if I learn anything interesting.
- Couple that with two young ladies at work, Fitbitted as I am, pushing me to get my steps. They have a lot less work to do than I do, but we’re all walking together and doing good things for each others’ motivation levels.
- Our Sprouts just opened. I’d like to check it out. Reckon a month is sufficient for new-place crowd dispersal?
- Did you know that Orville Redenbacher had a heart attack in his hot tub, and that’s how he died at 88 in 1995? Not a happy story, of course, but I like considering that one of his very last thoughts was “well, think I’ll have a soak.”
- I’m kicking around a biography post series, with a quirky vibe. Kind of people nearly everyone knows of but knows hardly anything about. Kind of like…Orville Redenbacher. Still mulling.
- As of now we’ll get another freeze Saturday night, though slight and short.
- It’s another perfect square Thursday miscellanea! They get fewer and farther between, of course. That’s their nature. (Actually they increment by odd integers, and I’m embarrassed at how old I was before I noticed that.) If I make it to 80 and never stop doing Thursday miscellanea posts, my final one will be something like #2,055. That would make the highest perfect square Thursday miscellanea #2,025.
- I’m enjoying that it’s warmer too, but let’s not float away on it, please. It’s still far more likely than not to freeze again.
- Started watching Luther on Netflix. My friend Nancy is a fan and has been goading me to watch it forever. I’m enjoying it so far. There are only 14 episodes in the whole thing, in case you’d like to explore binge-watching but are afraid of long-term commitment.
- Scott made what he called his hottest chili yet yesterday for Wicked Wednesday at Anaheim Chili. But, I have more than two weeks to go before I can have red meat. Solution? Buy a quart and freeze it. Looking forward to it on Easter Sunday. Sure wanted to lick the spoon when I was putting it up, but I resisted!
- Nate’s Lumia 635 is going in for a second time for a non-functional power key. He’s only had it back about two weeks from the first time around. There is no physical damage, no foreign substance, nothing. The button just stops working. I may ask for a replacement if it happens again.
- Do you know about YouNow? It’s like YouTube, but live. I watched/listened to our church’s music man extraordinaire Brent Morgan do his thing on there earlier this week. Trying to think about what I might do with it.
- Saintseester has assigned me the category Young Adult for our next Alabamians Can Read selection. Any thoughts?
I have never: Driven across the Mississippi River. Every time I’ve been west of the Mississippi, I flew. Eaten tapioca. I just barely know what it is. Seen a James Bond movie from start to finish. ” an episode of M*A*S*H ” ” ” “. Been treated for a broken bone. I broke my right […]
Remember last week when it didn’t get above freezing for 36 hours? Today we’ll flirt with needing air conditioning. Sick yet? Didn’t take long for my reintroduction of Wal-Mart into my life to take a terrible hit. No baskets apparent at the entrance this morning. (With one, I’d have purchased 8-10 yogurts instead of 2.) […]
I’m at home because of winter weather for the second Thursday in a row, though this one was less pleasant because the forecast was mostly for an ice storm. Snow doesn’t elevate the likelihood of a power outage much, if at all. Freezing rain does so significantly. Fortunately, it didn’t last as long as they […]