- It was 30-something at my house last night.
- We just did our broadcast and started blog discussion on Beloved over at Alabamians Can Read. I’m glad we read this one. If you’ve read it, come on over and chat with us.
- Decided I’d drink on vacation and have been loosey-goosey on it ever since. Need to knuckle back down until I’m significantly smaller.
- It’s Tennessee week. At Alabama, Coach Saban is 7-0 vs. Tennessee, by an average score of 36-11. It’d suit me just fine to see him retire at 70 and be 15-0.
- When you have very young people in your house, you set the hot water temperature low enough to not severely injure or kill them should they accidentally turn it on themselves. Then, when they grow into adolescents, they use up all of the hot water. I just reset it to an unfriendly temperature for babies but a friendly temperature for everyone having a hot shower, and the gas bill for the month was only $4 higher. Sold.
- You ever know a celebrity is dead, but can’t recall when it happened, and then when you look it up you’re shocked how long ago it was? That just happened to me with George Harrison. He died in 2001. Invited to guess, I might have missed that ten years.
- Need a Christmas present idea for me? I’d love an Orient Star Seeker with the white dial. There’s always a 30% or so coupon code floating around out there, so be sure to use it. That’ll make it only $770. Thank you in advance. You’re very generous!
- With the passage of a little time, I’m appreciating Alabama’s defensive performance last weekend more. And we should have an easier time moving the ball this week. If we can avoid the unfathomably bad punt handling, I think Saturday may look better.
- I made stuffed shells last night that were just okay. I dislike putting in lots of culinary labor that then yields a B- or C+. I’m anxious to try again soon with corrective actions.
- It rained more than six inches while we were at the beach, according to the rain gauge. We were fortunate not to get any damage, considering what occurred all around us.
- Aaron seems to have a normally-progressing cold, and not anything more ominous. Most of the time when he has a cough it’s rather croupy-sounding, so it sets us on edge initially even when it’s of no particular concern. (The feeling was a bit amplified with Enterovirus 68 about.)
- Good for the Royals. Twenty-nine years is a long time.
- It seems Wonder Woman will finally get her own film in 2017. It also seems DC is ramping up to try to slow the Marvel juggernaut. Good luck. Marvel movies are scheduled through roughly 2075.
- Nothing but glorious fall temperatures and clear skies in the forecast. Fall makes me happy.
We didn’t get a photo of the entire team, but here is most of the core of IPA or the Highway, celebrating our trivia contest victory on Wednesday night. Thanks to Blue Pants and Earth and Stone for the wonderful food and beverages. Thanks to Carol and Brandy for surrounding me above. Heh. And do [...]
All right, that’s enough Indian summer. Back to fall, please. Thank you. Escalator 1, Nathan 0. He got 17 stitches in his right knee yesterday. Oh, and he was in Atlanta, and we weren’t, so he scored his first ambulance ride and first ER visit. Good times. Heartfelt thanks to his teacher and principal’s wife [...]
Lows in the 40s are forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday night. Yay for fall! They’ve put in turn arrows for Mill Rd. and Arbor Trace at County Line Rd. Arbor Trace gets green first, and then Mill. Pay attention. There is no Windows 9. It’s Windows 10, and the Technical Preview will be available [...]