- The teacher who sponsors Scholar’s Bowl called Lea this morning to tell her that Aaron made the team! We’re very proud! (This is also a big deal because Nathan tried out as a fourth-grader and didn’t make it. I’m happy for little brother to have a little something on big brother.)
- Alabama will play Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, and let’s hope it looks nothing like Alabama’s last appearance in this game.
- As the capper to one of the most incredible turnaround seasons ever, Auburn will play Florida State for the final BCS national title. It is much easier for me to pull for Auburn this time than it was in 2010, and I shall do so enthusiastically. Good luck, guys!
- There are many processed meats for which a slightly healthier alternative made from poultry is available. Many of these are tasty. Turkey pepperoni, however, is disgusting. You’ve been warned.
- Anyone else reclaiming the garage over the holidays? I’m disgusted with myself for letting it get so bad. The smallest task is an ordeal because it’s such a mess.
- Overdue for “Revelation Song” in church. I hope we sing it soon.
- I tried to stir folks up with the latest Arsenic & Old Spice column, appearing on Rocket City Mom tomorrow. Be sure to catch it, and if you disagree you’re wrong, but you’re welcome to wanly try to argue otherwise in the comments. (There; is that enough blood in the water?)
- Is it raining as you read this? It’s not forecast to stop until Tuesday morning. Oh, and cold again, too. You’re welcome.
- Someone reminded me of Destiny this week. That’s a third thing (besides a Halo or BioShock game) that would prompt me to purchase an Xbox One. (There’ll be an Xbox 360 version too, but I want to experience a new Bungie game the best way I can.)
- Costco stopped carrying our dog food. Costco so seldom disappoints me that I shall forgive them this transgression.
- An announcement on sexual assault charges for Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is expected early this afternoon.
- Did you see the 60 Minutes story about Amazon.com working on UAV delivery of merchandise? Apparently some people think it’s a hoax. But does Jeff Bezos have a history of cheap stunts? There are certainly problems to solve, but I don’t think I’d stand between Bezos and what he sees as a lucrative opportunity.
- I have a reliable report of a new Vietnamese restaurant about to open on 72 in eastern Madison, in the same shopping center as Knucklehead’s. I try hard not to use 72 between Slaughter/Jeff and Wall-Triana, and I don’t think it’s any closer to my house than Saigon anyway, but a third place for pho in the area is good to have!
- I accomplished something for the first time earlier this week: I actually wore out an optical mouse. It was ten years old if it was a day. I replaced it with this one. I like it so far, though it’s made me want to get another one for home.
- Del Taco just opened in Montgomery. I’m being patient.
My friend and fellow Rocket City Blogger Carol has created a blog award called the Recky, and has awarded the first one to BoWilliams.com! Thank you, ma’am! I’m honored.
We had a major scare this morning when a suspicious package was found on a railroad tanker car filled with hydrogen fluoride. It turned out to be a small package of marijuana, which is kind of a comical end. It was serious for some time, though. Hydrogen fluoride is exceptionally nasty stuff, and best I [...]
Aren’t you glad I’m not posting periodic photographic updates of my missing toenail? The Bo Williams Bowl is tomorrow night! My Oxford Yellow Jackets come to town to play my Bob Jones Patriots in a state playoff game. My recent experience with a well-known computer manufacturer has been less than stellar. It’s a shame, because [...]