- I saw snow in November. There wasn’t much, but it was definitely there. Wow. I don’t think that’s ever happened before. It’s hard to get good gas mileage in the cold.
- Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy? Want to text Groot? His number is 1-866-740-4531. He’d love to hear from you. Let him know what’s on your mind.
- The CD player in the Technical Writing Express is acting up again. Did this once before, but fixed itself and stayed fixed for over a year. May have to replace it this time. I’ll just dip into my copious cash reserves. Ha!
- The BoWilliams.com Facebook page has ten more days before it goes dark. I’ll be off Facebook altogether then.
- If you followed me on Twitter, you’d get many wonderful things. Among them are my thoughts on automotive styling. Here is one example. Here is another. Also, you’d get many sexy food photos. Here is one example. Here is another.
- Came home with a pound of turkey sausage from Bates this time. I cooked it Tuesday night for quesadillas. It’s fine, but not so good that we need to repeat the purchase.
- I’m just torn up about Bill Cosby. I don’t know what to think. He’s never been convicted of a sex crime, but there certainly does seem to be a lot of smoke for there to be no fire. He’s been such a vigorous and thoughtful advocate for children and education—most all of his career—and he’s so funny. I fear my heart will end up broken to some degree.
- If the current forecast is accurate, then we might see 50 degrees on Saturday, and that’s as warm as it gets for a good while. If you don’t have your sweaters and coats down yet, now is the time.
- The new Star Wars film is officially subtitled The Force Awakens. This is getting razzed from many corners, but answer me this: which of the extant Star Wars movies has a great subtitle? Simmer down, grousers. The name is well within tolerance.
- Not talking any trash on the game this week. I know lots of nice State people. Ought to be a good one.
- Apparently there is some butt shot of Kim Kardashian or something? Wouldn’t recognize either side of her, I’m pretty sure. You can systematically ignore the worst of pop culture. I’m testimony to that.
- A little research reveals that the seafood market we used last week delivers. Maybe we need to try our Christmas Eve tradition with royal reds this year.
- Just read that Robin Williams was suffering from Lewy body dementia when he died. Seems he was headed for tragedy no matter what, sad to say.
- Watch for an exciting end-of-year selection at Alabamians Can Read.
What the hell is all of this chocolate doing in the house? Get thee behind me. Out out, damned spot. My very first favorite song was Glen Campbell’s “Rhinestone Cowboy.” He has just released his final single, acknowledging his love and his Alzheimer’s, called “I’m Not Gonna Miss You.” It’s beautiful and horrible. It’s totally […]
Couldn’t tell you the last time I sat and watched a baseball game. I watched almost all of Game 7 last night. Sorry, Royals. I was your fan for three hours. Maybe that’s what did you in. My bottle of my friend Jason’s smoked red moruga hot sauce has gotten half again as hot since […]
It was 30-something at my house last night. We just did our broadcast and started blog discussion on Beloved over at Alabamians Can Read. I’m glad we read this one. If you’ve read it, come on over and chat with us. Decided I’d drink on vacation and have been loosey-goosey on it ever since. Need […]