- There’s a big break in the heat forecast for the weekend. We just might sneak into the upper 70s for Saturday’s high.
- So a guy inadvertently recorded audio of his colonoscopy with his phone. The recording revealed that his anesthesiologist made fun of him all the way through it. It’s costing her $500,000. There is no chance of this happening to me. My gastroenterologist has already promised me I can stay awake for my next one and follow along. Watch for the live blog in 2019.
- I was getting on the Parkway northbound from Airport yesterday, and some jackass in a red Volkswagen Rabbit stopped in the merge lane, right on top of the rise. Folks, dig: to make friends with merge lanes, shoot for 3-5 mph faster than the traffic flow. Then, you have options. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
- “Try the DermaWand risk-free for 30 days,” says the spam in my inbox. Now don’t you think DermaWand is a hilarious euphemism for penis? I just might try to insert that into the vernacular. Pun intended.
- Jane’s dad on Breaking Bad is the molesting OB/GYN in The Hand That Rocks the Cradle.
- There have been only 15 unassisted triple plays in the history of Major League Baseball. The most recent one was performed by Eric Bruntlett on August 23, 2009.
- Amazon Echo has arrived for the masses—but still with a semi-long ship time. We’re really enjoying Alexa (which is what you’ll rapidly call
herit), and with her brain all in the cloud, she’s potentially useful indefinitely. (She sounds better than you’d expect for music, too.)
- No Wayward Pines tonight. It picks back up next Thursday. I loved the big reveal in last week’s episode, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the run. If you’re not watching it, go to that link and catch up!
- Anaheim Chili will have another Inferno Weekend for Father’s Day, starting tomorrow night (Friday) for dinner and continuing until they’re out of everything. (Might want to go by Saturday to be safe.) I saw Scott at Fresh Market today and got a little inside intel on what’s to come. Sounds good. Chileheads, gourmands—you want to be there!
- We received another entertaining telephone call this evening. Dudes and dolls, dig: the Internal Revenue Service will never, ever make initial contact with you by telephone. If you get an ominous-sounding call that claims to be from the IRS, it’s a scam. The IRS makes initial contact by first-class (or occasionally higher) mail.
- The boys and I caught the latest Marvel Comics movie with BamaDan and his two older this past weekend. We had a good time, and were suitably rewarded for watching it on a big screen. I’ll tell you, though, they’re all pretty interchangeable for me at this point. I never read the comic books, so I don’t get the inside references and don’t know what to expect next. I’m entertained, but the larger world is nearly totally lost on me (and these films are planned out for literally decades).
- If you don’t sound like a real person, I’m not following you back on Twitter. I don’t need any more trivia fact accounts, and I definitely don’t need any more Twitterbots, no matter how slutty the profile photo and bio are.
- The boys and I enjoyed ourselves tremendously at Moulton Motor Speedway last weekend with friends from church. We’re going to try to get to a different track next month. When I get a little more baseline knowledge, I’ll post at some length about it.
- Looks like we actually will get a little break in the weather this weekend. Forecast temperatures are about five degrees cooler than we’ve had this week during the day. Break those parkas out.
We had a largely pleasant spring, but it’s over. No more lows in the 60s are currently forecast; no highs in the 80s are forecast after tomorrow. While I still don’t think Formula 1 is as exciting as IndyCar, I’ve learned to enjoy an F1 race far more than I ever thought I would. It’s […]
They just closed my wife’s high school forever. RIP, Butler. Based on my consistent observation, if you’re going I-565 W to County Line Road on afternoon commute, there is no time difference between taking the Wall Triana exit and taking the County Line exit. Using the County Line exit and then driving straight into a […]
I missed Texas this week because of a longtime friend’s going-away. I’ll have to make up for that. We’re replacing Lea’s car this year. That means I’m in touch with a dear old friend, classmate, and colleague. That means I’m hanging out at Jerry Damson Honda shootin’ it. And I find out a fellow who […]