- With the passage of a little time, I’m appreciating Alabama’s defensive performance last weekend more. And we should have an easier time moving the ball this week. If we can avoid the unfathomably bad punt handling, I think Saturday may look better.
- I made stuffed shells last night that were just okay. I dislike putting in lots of culinary labor that then yields a B- or C+. I’m anxious to try again soon with corrective actions.
- It rained more than six inches while we were at the beach, according to the rain gauge. We were fortunate not to get any damage, considering what occurred all around us.
- Aaron seems to have a normally-progressing cold, and not anything more ominous. Most of the time when he has a cough it’s rather croupy-sounding, so it sets us on edge initially even when it’s of no particular concern. (The feeling was a bit amplified with Enterovirus 68 about.)
- Good for the Royals. Twenty-nine years is a long time.
- It seems Wonder Woman will finally get her own film in 2017. It also seems DC is ramping up to try to slow the Marvel juggernaut. Good luck. Marvel movies are scheduled through roughly 2075.
- Nothing but glorious fall temperatures and clear skies in the forecast. Fall makes me happy.
We didn’t get a photo of the entire team, but here is most of the core of IPA or the Highway, celebrating our trivia contest victory on Wednesday night.
And do watch for future contests. We’d love to have you come out, drink some beer, and watch us strangle your contest hopes a week at a time!
All right, that’s enough Indian summer. Back to fall, please. Thank you. Escalator 1, Nathan 0. He got 17 stitches in his right knee yesterday. Oh, and he was in Atlanta, and we weren’t, so he scored his first ambulance ride and first ER visit. Good times. Heartfelt thanks to his teacher and principal’s wife [...]
Lows in the 40s are forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday night. Yay for fall! They’ve put in turn arrows for Mill Rd. and Arbor Trace at County Line Rd. Arbor Trace gets green first, and then Mill. Pay attention. There is no Windows 9. It’s Windows 10, and the Technical Preview will be available [...]
Looks like Beloved is the next selection for Alabamians Can Read. Check it out. Pick it up. Join us. I tried two new-to-me drink lines this week: LaCroix sparkling water and Zevia soda. I’ll finish the LaCroix that I bought, but I’m unlikely to get it again. The Zevia, however, is an intriguing product. Zevia [...]