- My friend Amanda, aka The Dining Dragon, has extensively redesigned her site and begun its second life as Huntsville Eats. Go check it out.
- I thought it was kind of cool that the new U2 album was free to iTunes users, but then I learned that you just got it, man. There was no opt-in. That’s creepy.
- I looked for a showtime for the Sin City sequel, thinking there might be a long lunch in my near future. Guess what? It’s not playing anywhere near here, and has totally tanked at the box office. I guess a bright spot is that I may have the Blu-ray sooner.
- Next month Amazon.com will introduce a “kids edition” of its Fire HD tablet. It comes with a 2-year, no-questions-asked replacement warranty. Am I overly cynical to believe that a goodly number of these will find their way to construction sites?
- Well, life without artificial sweeteners is interesting. I’m down to either unsweetened tea or water in a restaurant. I’m using a quart of lemon juice a week at home adding it to water.
- Alabama and Auburn both have games this week that should provide a little more clarity. I think Auburn underestimates Kansas State tonight at its peril. And Alabama? They’re 3-0 against mostly air, and Florida is stumbling into Bryant-Denny after needing all it had to beat Kentucky in overtime at the Swamp. Sounds like a classic trap scenario to me.
- It’s officially football weather. Only just, but it’s here.
- AL.com has an interesting piece on TV dinners today, though it may be a bit confused. Frozen dinners are not necessarily TV dinners. TV dinners come in aluminum trays, and they go in the oven. If both of those things aren’t true, it’s not a TV dinner. They may not even make real ones anymore.
- The Tooth Fairy was finally arrested at our house last night, and she sang like a canary under those hot lights. Took the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus right down with her. Aaron wasn’t mad like Nathan was.
- I’ve thrown artificial sweeteners overboard. I’m using real sugars in moderation for beverages. I take 8 oz. of grapefruit juice (100 calories) to work to distribute among four bottles of water. That’s working well so far.
- I’ve finally surrendered fully to reading glasses. Sheesh. I can’t even set a couple of my watches. I refuse to carry them, though. I’ll have a home pair, a work pair, and a car pair. That shall be my one minor rebellion.
- Weather is looking perhaps a bit more footballish this weekend. I’m glad. As mild as the first part of the summer was, it’s leaving us fairly oppressively.
- I saved some restaurant nutrition information to my cloud storage this morning. It never occurred to me to put any nude photos of myself up there.
- My phone contract is almost up. Looking forward to having Cortana in my pocket.
Never heard of half the people whose nude photos were leaked this week. I’ve known for years that your body would burn alcohol before anything else for energy, so as long as it’s present, that’s what you’re running on. But did you know that your body’s ability to burn fat is damaged by up to [...]
Hello, football. Nice to see you. Did you know Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis both died November 22, 1963, the day JFK was assassinated? I didn’t. I see a particular vehicle on my morning commute maybe monthly. We’ll be together, or close to each other, but our routes diverge when she takes what she thinks [...]
You ever notice that the best restaurants don’t have a complicated menu? They have one or two or three things that they do very well, and they leave other things to everyone else. They don’t lose the plot. Ace Frehley doesn’t lose the plot. A perfectly-made cheeseburger isn’t complicated, but sometimes it’s just what you [...]