- Problem: Second-generation Honda Odyssey EX air conditioner front fan won’t work; rear fan blows warm air. Likely solution: replace transistor assembly, Honda part #79330-S84-A41, under the dash in the passenger footwell. Three screws out with a stubby Phillips; unplug wiring harness; replug wiring harness into new part; three screws in. Done. (Tip: Remove the screw that is closest to the center of the vehicle last and replace it first.) Tight quarters for a fat guy, but I managed it. Retelling the story here to increase its search engine footprint. Don’t pay the dealership to fix this, folks.
- August finally arrived. Borderline oppressive (that is to say, seasonal) heat and humidity are forecast for at least another week.
- Two people, within 20 minutes of each other, laid the ice bucket challenge at my feet yesterday morning. The first was my pastor. By the time I saw his email, he’d already sent a second one informing me that I’d be doing it with him and two other church members immediately following second service this Sunday. At least it’s going to be hot! I was going to buzz my head this weekend. Think I’ll wait until after this.
- WOW! has come through with the SEC Network with almost two weeks to spare. Good for them. It probably saved their entire business model in the state of Alabama. (Huntsville-area WOW! customers: you have it on channel 985.)
- Two IndyCar races to go in the 2014 season. The championship is Will Power‘s to lose. He’s hardly my favorite driver, but part of me is pulling for him. He’s finished second in the championship three times, and he has done some outstanding driving this year.
- Burger King has mostly canned its slightly-better-for-you Satisfries, making them the latest example of a decent idea that was very poorly executed.
- Ace Frehley’s latest Space Invader is getting most of my aural attention right now. BoWilliams.com review coming tomorrow.
- With the passing of Lauren Bacall, we’ve lost the last living superstar of Hollywood’s golden age. RIP.
- Two weeks from tonight.
- I’m sure Buick’s new micro-SUV the Encore is a nice car, but it bears an unfortunate strong resemblance to a Suzuki SX4. Invariably, short length and tall height is a low-rent look.
- When it’s dinnertime, Molly has figured out that barking at Lea who then yells to Nathan gets her fed much more quickly than barking directly at Nathan.
- This strange thing happens to me when I read or hear something about Anne Hathaway. I think “wow, that’s pretty high-profile work for her in 2014. Good for her!” This is because I’m always initially thinking of Anne Lockhart, who was Sheba on the original Battlestar Galactica. I think I do this because she and Noah Hathaway, who played Boxey on Battlestar Galactica, shared the same opening credit sequence on that show.
- Alabamians Can Read will read Stephen King’s It next, which I generally consider his second-best book that I’ve read even though I decided it fit in the category Something Shallow. Stay tuned for a show date.
- Have to get a stand-in grill soon while I shop for the “real” one. We all miss having a grilling capability.
We’re headed for a second consecutive summer with no 100-degree reading anywhere in Alabama, which has never happened before. Nathan attended his first Wednesday night youth group meeting yesterday. Tomorrow he will start the seventh grade. I don’t understand. I just saw him being born, like, two years ago. Terminator 5 just finished shooting and [...]
I have seen desert, because I have flown into Las Vegas and looked out the window whilst doing so. But I have never been in the desert. Makes me curious about the numerous Breaking Bad scenes. Nathan will be driving in scarcely more than two years, which means that I’ve begun to talk to him [...]
Saintseester told me in the middle of last year’s mild summer that we’d have a brutally cold winter. I laughed her off. She said the same thing yesterday, and I chose not to laugh this time. Apparently there is a Fifty Shades of Grey movie on the way. The still from the trailer accompanying the [...]