- It’s icky outside already. Full air conditioning in the car is necessary from first thing in the morning. Get thee along with oneself, summer.
- Here are both It trailers (so far) put together. I think this is one of the greatest horror novels I’ve ever read, and I think it’s being adapted to film by people who understand it at a spiritual level. This one is going to be rough. I can’t wait!
- Good interstate traffic advice from an actual over-the-road truck driver: If the traffic starts to get erratic, like there’s a wreck or something ahead, look for an independent/owner-operator trucker (nearly any Kenworth or Peterbilt; anything with custom paint or other personalization; etc.) and do what s/he does (lane selection, etc.). S/he is most likely to be monitoring the CB for current information.
- The new dishwasher through me a slight curve last night that gave me a wonderful chance to work on my anger management skills. Sigh.
- Texas was a bizarre race because of unforeseen tire difficulties on the new surface, as well as pack racing generating three significant accidents. Some of the drivers are hoping for less downforce from the new aerodynamics next year, reemphasizing driver skill and likely breaking up the masses of cars. We’ll see.
- The Xbox One X has the boys considering throwing their Christmas lists on the altar of a 4K TV. (“The boys” means Nathan, Aaron, and I.) We shall see.
- Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins on their second Stanley Cup in a row. Great run, Predators. We’ll come catch you in person sometime next year.
- A local church group on its way to Botswana for missionary work has had a serious bus accident in Atlanta. At least one person is dead and several others are critically injured. Please keep the Mt. Zion family in your prayers.
- I got my first Fuego Box this week. I’m pleased with the selection. I’m doing three hot sauces per quarter. I’m really pleased with the commitment to flavor (i.e. no extract sauces).
- Bob Stoops is retiring. Not after the 2017 season, but right now. He’s gone. That seems really odd to me. Says it isn’t health-related, though. I hate that we won’t have another crack at him now, but as badly as we stunk it up in the 2014 Sugar Bowl, maybe it’s a better ultimate lesson never avenged.
- Orient has a 45% code for Father’s Day. It’s THANKSDAD. Orient is one of my favorite watch companies, and I could pick any number of pieces out if you were planning to get me one. (This would be good—only $605 with discount! Or this—only $206.25!) Just letting you know.
- There are at least three movies out that I want to see at the theater. I can’t remember the last time that was the case. It may not have happened in my adulthood.
- I tried Sugar-Free LifeSavers today. They’re pretty impressive, crunching up just like sugary ones and delivering 90+% of the flavor.
- Looking forward to IndyCar at Texas Saturday night!
The weather this day and evening are/were perfectly indicative of why it’s so expensive to live some places. “We could have been killed—or worse!” “Check city records and see how many umbrella factories have been opened in the past three days.” “A corner table, please. I don’t wish to attract attention.” These are some of […]
Chris Cornell, lead singer and cofounder of both Soundgarden and Audioslave, has died at 52. He was one of my favorite musicians to come out of the grunge scene. God be with his family and friends. The first sugarless cola on the market was Diet Rite, a product of the Royal Crown Company, in 1958. […]
Personal liberty? Yeah, I’m a fan. I think everyone should be free to do with his/her time and money as s/he sees fit, so long as it does not infringe upon the rights of others. (But that doesn’t mean that if your personal choices beg for ridicule, that I won’t occasionally oblige you.) Behold this […]