- If you feel led to contribute, you can help with Ashleigh Jones‘ medical expenses here. It must surely be a blessing she’s made it this long. I hope we hear some much better news soon.
- Tad Cummins has been arrested, and Elizabeth Thomas is safe!
- After a validation visit today, I am ready to say that the pho tai at Viet Cuisine on Jordan Lane is the equal of the pho tai at Saigon in Madison. Great stuff, both places.
- Slaughterhouse-Five was a good place to start catching up on the classics. I didn’t realize it was so short. Love Vonnegut’s way with a phrase.
- Well, there’s already a substantial breeding population of Burmese pythons in southern Florida. Shall we try for the monocled cobra next?
- Part of what’s made it unnecessarily difficult to work on our bathroom remodeling has been the sorry state of the garage (and the shop portion therein). I’ve begun reclaiming the space in earnest.
- Watch for a couple of review updates soon, including a word or two on the Cacao variety of Soylent and a revamped hot wing lineup for a local eatery.
- Don Rickles has died at 90, and what a tremendously funny person he was. Thank you, sir. RIP. (To remember him, you can do much worse than watch this compilation.)
- Not much of a motorsports weekend—Easter rarely is—but there is an F1 race. Unfortunately it’s at 10 Sunday morning, and I haven’t been able to talk Lea into sunrise service. Probably I’ll DVR it, forget about it, and erase it in two months when I see it occupying space I need.
- As longtime readers know I do try to keep my Thursday miscellanea posts politics-free, and though it’s hard for me to believe anyone would consider Robert Bentley’s misadventures at all controversial, I shall honor the intent of the post series and refrain from making any additional comment here about what a sorry, despicable, morally bankrupt sack of shit former Alabama governor Robert Bentley is.
- My younger son advises me that I’m finally saying HOW BOW DAH with the proper stress and inflection. You know, so I’m one of those cool dads who’s all over what these kids are saying these days. HOW BOW DAH? See? HOW BOW DAH? Can’t you hear it in your mind’s ear?
- I am really digging the new Greg Kihn Band album Rekihndled! What a fun record. If you’re hungry for some straight-ahead rock ‘n’ roll, check it out.
- I’ve tiptoed back into reading for pleasure (again). There are so many classics I haven’t read that I want to. I’m going to try to spend 50% of my time with them—every other title.
- Spontaneously, I had an interesting lunch today. Watch for a review tomorrow.
Last night (well, early this morning, because Lea told me it was 4 or so when I mumbled something about the dream to her) I dreamed that in exchange for some announcing and DJ work I had done, I had been given four tickets to an ABBA concert in Birmingham. Yes, the boys would enjoy […]
Suzie‘s funeral is today. Please include her friends and family in your prayers. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday for motor oil. You see, no one but Costco can get within 30% of Wal-Mart’s price for Mobil 1; viscosities are limited at Costco; and the new Leamobile needs 0W-20. I had to use a self-checkout. Self-checkouts […]
Far too many of you are using pleasurable when you should use pleasant. Pleasurable has fairly strong connotations, and they’re not necessarily good polite conversation. Do your part on this, please. Thank you. Another winter of neglect; another spring of firing right up on the first try. I did have a tool fatality in the […]