As part of his repeated efforts to vilify Mitt Romney and his work at Bain Capital, our esteemed president recently said:
Well, here’s what I know, we were just talking about responsibility and as president of the United States, it’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you.” – Barack Obama
Mr. President, I couldn’t agree more. Let’s chat a bit:
- Just before you took office, you promised your administration would “go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.” What programs have been eliminated as a result of this effort? What programs have been retained, but are now working more efficiently as a result of this effort?
- Quoting Peter Kirsanow: You assert that your administration has created more than 4 million jobs over the last two years. Specifically, which of your policies created such jobs or the conditions for such jobs to be created? How many jobs were created, in whole or in part, by each policy? How did these policies create the jobs? What evidence do you have that, but for your policies, the jobs in question would not have been created? In what specific industries and occupations have jobs been created as a result of your policies? Who are the 100 employers that have hired the most employees as a direct result of your policies? Did these employers inform your administration that they would not or could not have hired the employees but for your policies?
- How did U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry die?
- Your health care law was originally passed with your promise that it cost $900,000,000,000. No budgetary estimate for it since has approached this number, and in fact the latest one nearly triples it to $2,600,000,000,000. How did this happen?
- Your administration loaned Solyndra Corporation $527,000,000. When will this loan be repaid?
- How is the “reset” with Russia going?
- When are we going to get to the hope and change part?