Blogging about it has generally been the kiss of death for my weight loss effort—have a look at the related posts below for several stones along the road to hell—but I think this time is different.
No, really different. No, really really really.
- I’m up to 10,000 steps per workday. Got there increasing 1,000 steps per workday per week, starting from my baseline of 3,000.
- I have made generally sensible changes to my diet—lower fat, higher fiber, complex over simple carbs, and so forth.
- I’ve cut alcoholic beverages to 10 per week, with no more than 4 in one day. (That’s mostly to accommodate football. Heh.)
- I didn’t relapse on smoking while doing any of this.
- I’m 26 lbs. off my all-time high as I type, and will probably see the 260s next week for the first time in I don’t know when (four years or so, at least).
- I have officially gone down a waist size this morning. Now I’m in the fattest normally-sized jeans, not the slimmest fat-guy jeans.
- XL polo shirts are still months away, but I’m reliably getting into almost every manufacturer’s XXL now.
I have a long way to go, but I certainly do feel good when I turn around to see how far I’ve come. Thanks to all who have encouraged me. I really appreciate it. Follow along to the right if you like.