- playing “Heartbreaker” without “Living Loving Maid.”
- playing “We Will Rock You” without “We Are the Champions.”
- playing “Eruption” without “You Really Got Me.”
- talking over any song until a half-second before the vocals begin.
A live act:
- Choosing poor opening and/or closing songs.
- Shoehorning audience participation into a song not amenable to it.
- Reworking a song beyond all recognition.
- Including a large drum solo in its set. (Bo: “Who likes drum solos?” Nathan: “Drummers.” Bo: “Who else?” Nathan: “Nobody.”)
A fellow fan:
- Claiming fanhood of an artist with a decades-long career solely on the basis of that artist’s two or three biggest songs.
- Claiming supreme fanhood of an artist, such that your petty affection cannot possibly be remotely comparable.
- Placing his girlfriend on his shoulders at a concert and leaving her there.
- Clapping and never stopping.