Wow, the season starts tomorrow night! Can you stand it?
A few SEC bullets:
- The Ole Miss love is absolutely preposterous. The fact that Houston Nutt historically can’t stand high expectations ought to seal that for you, if nothing else. That team is no pushover, but they’ll do well to get back to 9-4. They’re damned sure not going to win the West.
- Do or die time for Spurrier. Man, I’ve loved having you back in the league, but clearly, you’re not doing anything but screwing up the end of your career.
- Les Miles drops four this year. Grumbling intensifies. This guy sooooo should have taken the Michigan job.
- Auburn, Tennessee: you’ve given me little choice but to be that Alabama fan this year, which anyone will tell you I have not habitually been. You both deserve to suck. I will be pulling for such outcomes.
- I’d love to see Vanderbilt finish above .500 again this year. I’d enjoy the romance of Bobby Johnson hanging around and turning out those kinds of years for them, but if he does do it again, I’ve a feeling he’ll be elsewhere in 2010.
- Florida will lose, but it won’t happen until December 5.
- I think the fruit is lining up for the Big 12 to beat itself bloody this year. No one escapes with less than 2 losses. Most will have more.
- I have Georgia Tech winning the ACC this year.
- The Big 10 looks great—until it plays out of conference. That record will be horrific this year.
- A Big East team is going to jump up and beat the hell out of someone to whom it was a two-touchdown underdog. The conference will still get no respect.
Your BCS National Championship Game final score is below, and please note the timestamp so I look like a genius in four months:
Alabama 31, USC 24.