So many of these things float around. I try not to use them too much, but it’s a good night for it. I’m tired, and plus I particularly liked this one.
Boosted from Mrs. Chili, who boosted from Tense Teacher:
1. Are you taller than your best friend?
I am taller than Lea. My best male friend Charles is slightly taller than I am.
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
I carry a Cross Century II in royal blue. Black ink; fine ballpoint.
3. Look at your planner; what
are were your plans for January 15th?
I had a status meeting at 1:30.
4. What color are your toenails usually?
5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
Couldn’t tell you. I’m not much of a highlighter.
6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom?
There are no curtains in my bedroom. The treatments at the top are purplish.
7. What color are the seats in your car?
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
Sort of. While in college, I worked at a bookstore that had store cats, and one of those was black and white.
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
The electric bill payment.
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Japan?
I don’t think so.
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
A week or so ago.
12. Last baby you held?
Alex and Melissa’s youngest, Rachel.
13. Can you spell well?
14. Do you like cinnamon toothpaste?
No. I like actual cinnamon, but I don’t much care for cinnamon-flavored anything.
15. How fast have you driven in a car before?
147 mph. Second-stupidest single act of my entire life.
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators?
Gators. The Hurricanes are a bunch of thugs.
17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Long time. 1989 or 1990.
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Nope. Total absence of such was high on the priority list when we planned this house eight years ago.
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
A weather radio.
20. Last person who gave you a business card?
A Ford salesperson.
21. Who was the last person you wrote a check or money order to?
22. Closest framed picture to you?
A picture of the boys in the recliner together, laughing and about to clasp hands.
23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Lea is cooking for me right now.
24. Have you ever felt you weren’t good enough?
Certainly. The trick is distinguishing between what I should continue to improve upon, and what I should pursue serenity with.
25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)?
Home and work? 60 or 70.
26. Last time you received flowers?
Does the flower on my tuxedo at my wedding count?
27. What’s one thing you live for?
Doing what I say I will do.
28. Do you play air guitar?
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
No. Eh, kind of. Lea and I discussed the logistics of marriage before I proposed to her.
30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
Once in a great while I’ll have milk and sugar, but I usually drink it black. I only drink coffee four months or so out of the year.
31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
I don’t know what that is, so almost certainly not.
32. How many books have you read in the last year?
33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
Probably just before the last time I ate in the car. A month ago?
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
Yeah, I guess. Lots ahead of that on my list, though.
36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
37. Have you ever developed your own film?
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
I last held a newspaper on Christmas Day, and I don’t remember anything I read.
39. What was the last pageant or play you attended?
Nathan’s Christmas program at school.
40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Domino’s. It’s hardly manna, but the boys enjoy it, and it’s a mindless trigger for Daddy to pull on girls’ night out.
41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Sure, at Burger King.
42. What is the last thing you stapled?
Something for Nathan, probably.
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
Crystal Pepsi. I tasted it. I didn’t like it.
44. Are you ticklish?
Yes, but my ticklishness has waned somewhat.
45. Last time you saw fireworks?
New Year’s Eve.
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Three months ago, maybe.
47. Who is the last person that left you a message, and you actually returned it?
Lea left me voice mail at work today, but it did not require a response.
48. Last time you parked under a carport?
Probably at Dad’s old house, so several years ago.
49. Do you have a black dog?
I have one black dog, and one black and white dog.
50. Can you give one reason why David Caruso is allowed to keep acting?
I don’t know who that is, so I have no opinion.
51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
Yes, but I don’t make anybody call me “Uncle.”
52. Who has the most gorgeous eyes that you know of?
Lea. Her eyes always smile.
53. Last time you saw a semi truck?
Three hours ago, on the way home from work.
54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
55. Do you have a little black dress?